Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netatmo set-up help

Posted

I have an issue with my Netatmo weather station, which I've had for years and I can't get it working anymore.

At some point over the summer the batteries in the outdoor module died, I don't really bother much with it in the Summer so left it. Also over the Summer the indoor module was disconnected for a while as I was decorating the room it was in. I decided to get it up and running the other day but it has me stumped. Usually after changing the batteries in the outdoor module it will be back up and running shortly afterwards. But checking the app it's complaining that it can't connect to the wifi network. I don't remember it ever doing this before, I thought it was working off bluetooth. But anyway I went through all the set-up steps, restarted the indoor module and reconnected it to the app. That worked fine but the next step, to connect to the wifi network fails with "Unable to connect to the Domain Name System server (DNS)". I have checked my wifi network is ok and has the correct settings listed on the Netatmo website and all looks good. 

I have even tried installing the app on my phone, which I had never done before, so a completely new install but still the same error. It finds wifi and attempts to connect but then fails after a few minutes. I've tried rebooting the router and using the WPS button on it but nothing works.

Like I say this was previously working fine and nothing in my set-up has changed, same internet provider, same router, same Netatmo kit, same device the app is running on. If anyone has come across this issue before I would appreciate some advice. I like to know what the temperature is outside and it's upsetting me that I have to guess now 😞 

Thanks

Mike

Edited by snowblind
Correction

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Plug into your pc and set it back up. That's what I've done in the past.

Posted
38 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Plug into your pc and set it back up. That's what I've done in the past.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Posted

Yes, that worked. I had to change the DNS from sky to the Google ones, 8.8.8.8 primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary. Maybe sky blocks it for some reason.

Thanks again.