Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum.layout become unreadable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hello. Please see the attachment for the issue I am having. I have cleared the cache etc but to no avail. This is from the forum app and on a Samsung mobile. This happens on all forum sections.

Screenshot_20240131_122527_Chrome.jpg

Posted

Vortex3929

Looks very odd that. Are you perhaps running any browser addons, ad blockers, or anything else that could be affecting it?

It may be worth uninstalling and re-installing the app also. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I just had a similar problem in the regional thread. All posts had an error thrown up that said something about the admin panel/theme.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

I just had a similar problem in the regional thread. All posts had an error thrown up that said something about the admin panel/theme.

That was me clearing the caches on the forum to test some stuff, which threw a brief error or two. It's a different thing to what's being described above. 

Posted

Paul there are no add ons or anything new. yesterday was normal but today is as per image 🤔 will attempt a reinstall and update here. Ty in advance

Posted

Paul uninstall and reinstall didnt help. Cleared cache again and also the same.  When i 1st load to the main forum screen  everything looks fine. But the moment i scroll, is when i get the weird looking forum. Checked the forum on my default browser (chrome > android), and works perfectly

Apart from just use chrome, any further advice?

Edit.. chrome is now doing it for some reason.. err?

Edited by Vortex3929

Posted

I am using both the netweather community app (version 1) and chrome (v 14.1.01.1)on my mobile.  There are no scripts or add ons on either the app or my chrome browser. Never installed anything such as these either. Paul

Posted

Paul yes. Chrome displays the same as the screenshot after uninstalling the app 😭 (typed this reply on chrome)

Screenshot via chrome

Screenshot_20240131_165426_Chrome.jpg

Posted

Vortex3929: Very strange; chrome is working here fine, and lots of people would be complaining if it was something happening more generally, so it is hard to know what the issue may be. 

Perhaps try going to the bottom of the screen and changing the theme to 'netweather simple' just to test to see if that helps. 

Maybe also try coming on in an incognito tab, to see if it continues to happen on that. 

Does it happen on the forum homepage or just within topics?

Posted

Paul oh I have no doubts in purely my side and yes you would have others saying the same. I agree completely there.

changed to the simple theme and (on chrome) it seems as though it is working as it should (will see what happens after I send this.. await the edit!)

The main forum page is generally OK. It seems to happen when I enter a topic to read posts

Edit: yes page is fine. Looks normal (chrome)

Edited by Vortex3929

Posted

Vortex3929 That's something, least you can use the forum at this point!

There may be something in the theme which happens to be triggering some sort of error in a particular circumstance, but very hard to track that sort of thing down. There is an update due on the theme which I was going to put in tomorrow though, so I'll ping you in this thread when it's done. Never know, it may flush out whatever the issue is. 

Out of interest, when did this start happening?

Posted

Paul I 1st realised it this afternoon around 1pm. Last night seemed to be OK from what I recall too. Very strange!!! 

Do you also have the download link to the app please? I wish to try the theme change on there too and see what happens as well but didn't get the popup to download on this theme 😕 

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

That's something, least you can use the forum at this point!

This is true, and thank you. I began to nearly panic not being able to view netwx 😄

Posted

Vortex3929 Oh that recent, that is a bit more weird. Maybe even restarting your phone may sort it.

To install the app, just go to the three dots top right to open chrome settings when you're on the community and there should be an 'install app' option on that menu. 

Posted

Paul cleared the cache on my phone and restarted after. Was the 1st thing I did the moment I saw the "chaos" on my screen lol.

Thank you for the app info, installed and on simple theme. Again, looks normal. So it must be something to do with my phone and a caching issue with that particular theme perhaps? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Vortex3929 said:

Thank you for the app info, installed and on simple theme. Again, looks normal. So it must be something to do with my phone and a caching issue with that particular theme perhaps? 

Yep, must be something related to the theme, but not sure if it's a caching thing or an error which perhaps only triggers in a specific circumstance. I'll double check the theme when I update it tomorrow to make sure all is clean and tidy with it. 

Posted

Paul whatever the cause, it's nice to be able to read the forum and threads once again. Thanks Paul for the help and advice. Hopefully, like you say - once the theme update happens it will resolve any niggles like this experience! I shall keep everything crossed for a successful rollout for you and the team.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'll ping you in this thread when it's done.

Please do.  I'll happily "beta test" my issue and the outcome 😄

Thanks again! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

I was going to suggest changing the theme as I had a similar problem a while ago on my phone and changing the theme worked.

• Thanks 2

Posted

Vortex3929

The light and dark themes have both had a complete rebuild this morning, just in case there's something going on with them. So, if you can have a go with one of those, fingers crossed it'll sort whatever may have caused the errors. 

Posted

Paul it has to be my side then as it is still the same on anything other than the simple theme 😔. Strange, but i can view here at least! 

Posted

Vortex3929 Ah, that's a shame. I had some hope it would solve the problem. 

On the plus side, I think we'll be switching to a new theme as the default at some point this year. In the meantime, though, I'll ping you in here if I come across a potential solution. 

And one final question - what phone model is it you're using?

Posted

Paul yes I was looking forward to having my regular looking screen/theme back as well. Its certainly a strange one. Cache was the only thing I could think of but it's that weird "overlap of tiles" (if you get my meaning) as i scroll that I just can't fathom. Refreshing the page makes the overlap (the only way I can describe it...) usually makes it worse. It's almost as if it's loading the theme as a new layer or a 2nd .css and gets stuck. Obviously I'm clutching at straws there but trying to describe how my screen looks is difficult lol

Phone is samsung galaxy a22 5g

I do add that checking the default theme again,  it really is just posts themselves that are the issue. Generally, the actual threads are readable. Clicking on any thread itself that contains posts (model output discussion for example) is where it goes weird.  Notifications section, pm section etc reads normally and I can scroll without issue, and that itself is odd because a PM has a post layout as I'd guess? So why a thread itself is any different confuses me

Edited by Vortex3929

Posted

Paul sadly not. Identical problems.

Is there anything relating to uploaded images in a post? It does seem that when a set of posts load, the image/s are the 1st thing that try to load and have an issue and knock the rest of the posts out to the point the screen shot shows what I see.  A long shot but...

Edited by Vortex3929