Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum.layout become unreadable

Posted

Vortex3929

Thanks, that's actually helpful in many respects as that's entirely untouched and unmodified. Rules out the customisations we make. 

Best to go back to the simple one for now, and I'll keep digging.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Paul ah. A clean sheet 👍 makes sense 

edited my last post re: images, as i am trying to also work out if i can spot any differences my end

Posted

Paul indeed, same when logged out

Edited by Vortex3929
Typos..

Posted

Umm, if no one else is having the same problem, and it doesn't appear anyone else at all is, I would say it's device specific rather than code related. 

Does it happen anywhere else? 

Check caches are clear, run an optimiser if you have one, then check all is absolutely up to date, both apps and system and fresh reboot. Also, check for unused apps and uninstall them and in settings which apps run in the background which don't need to. 

This will make sure you are not simply running out of memory. 

If that doesn't fix and no one else reports the same issue then it maybe faulty memory/graphics in my opinion with the way it's overlaying text. 

Edited by SnowBear
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Posted

SnowBear hey!! I do believe its my side. cleared all caches everywhere i could find one. Freed up memory in my settings the 1st time i saw the overlapping happening and restarted phone straight after, so my phone is running at 100% efficiency. Will see if I can boost the memory in the settings tomorrow just to cross that off the list

It's only happening on this forum and only when using the default theme or the dark theme. 

I keep my apps minimal. If they don't get used, they're gone (I like a tidy phone because I'm weird like that). I even make sure I periodically run scans weekly and delete files, backup phone at the same time and delete photos from phone that are backed up elsewhere also. Even stored "clipboard" gets deleted! 

I would somewhat disagree on the graphics as that would surely have an effect on other sites or apps would it not? And if its only happening on netwx (both browser and forum app...), that would negate graphics. Memory, I'd somewhat agree with as I've been constantly looking for any other places caching happens to see if I've missed anything

Posted

Vortex3929 Only reason I said maybe graphics/memory (shared memory) is because NetWX threads can get extremely graphics heavy with the charts, maps and linked information.

I see you have a Samsung Galaxy A22 5g, just had a quick search on it, some people do seem to have problems with memory filling up quick. 

Do you have an SD card installed? Could move all apps which can run from SD card to that card. 

One thing I did see, outside shot.. Check this...

On your phone... 

Samsung Internet > Menu (three lines) > Settings > Sites and Downloads > Site Permissions.

Make sure Javascript is allowed. Also Cookies, allow all. 

Posted

Vortex3929  SnowBear

Definitely some good ideas to try. Thanks for chiming in @SnowBear.

I'm still in between it being device-related or theme-related since the simple theme is working. My gut instinct tells me that it could be theme-related but just a very limited circumstance where it occurs. As @Dreckly sounds like she's had potentially similar issues, and I've seen one, maybe two other similarish reports over the last few months or so (but have never seen screenshots from those or had a lot of feedback or info to work off of, so it's hard to know whether they're related or not).

Posted

Mapantz it doesnt 😯 that "fixes" it. And when i turn back to portrait, it stays as it should display. But if i load a different thread or refresh the page - the problem returns and overlaps again. 

@Paul see above

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Not sure if I should make a new thread for this but is still related to the layouts; where has the bar near the top of each forum, where it shows the most popular days and posts of that forum gone, any chance of bringing that back?

Posted

I am having the same problem- posts jumbled on top of each other. I will try the landscape option

Posted

@sheikhy @northwestsnow @Sweatyman

Please report your issues in this thread. For a fix, choosing the simple theme should resolve it while we try to understand the cause.

If you can remember when the issue started for you (even roughly), that could potentially be very helpful. 

Posted

Paul its sort of fixed it for me? 1st loading a thread continues with the same overlapping. But if i minimise or change screens to another app and then return to the page - then it looks normal. 

Note that just refreshing the page by swiping down keeps the overlap. It has to minimise or change screens if this makes a difference 

Edited by Vortex3929

Posted

Hi Paul, I am still having the same issue when I view the forum in portrait mode.

Edited by Bricriu

Posted

I'm not sure how many people the issue with the existing default (and dark) theme is affecting, but it's obviously not ideal. 

So, I think we're probably going to change the default theme to one based off of the simple theme this weekend, just to be safe.

I'm just working on it now, and with a bit of luck may have a dark theme to go with it as well.

Meantime, the simple theme is the safe bet.

• Thanks 2

Posted

Yes it still really bad paul!!!its horrendous actually lol!!its putting me off posting!!!hope you can sort this out mate as soon as!!!also how do i choose simple/dark mode?!!

Posted

sheikhy You can change the theme by clicking on the 'theme' link at the bottom of every page. That said though, I've changed the default to a new theme which should solve it for you - let me know how you get on 🙂