Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter and Health

Posted

cheeky_monkey "everyday consumables that you take for granted in the UK just don't exist here" - Like what??! No pubs? That's ... weird ... where do they all go? Where are cashpoints? I would die with no chippy 😞 How do you cross a road then?! Seriously you need to move back here lolol!!! What do you miss the most?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

*Stormforce~beka* You cant get lunch at walmart no such thing as sandwiches or a meal deal..they dont do proper bacon its just cheap rashers and nothing else..gammon just doesn't exist at all ..potatoes are garbage either yellow or russets and thats it ..choice of vegetables is pretty limited..fresh meat and fish forget it..mainly frozen and thawed out (sold as fresh)..mind you you can get your car fixed/serviced at walmart if you want..cashpoints are mainly inside the bank or you may find one at the mall (inside a bank lol)..can only cross the road at designated cross walks or traffic lights..people tend to go to bars/Restaurants or hybrids..which are located in shopping districts there is no town centre so to speak..no such thing as a pub crawl they are all far apart.

i have lived in Canada so long now i dont really miss things in the UK..but when i do come home always have a Chinese, Indian & trip to the chippy..i always spend a day at the beach even if the weather is sheet and wonder in amazement at the countryside.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1