Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well I'm really looking forward to the rain.....I've kind of missed it where it's been dry for a few days...

Not!!

Enjoy the chase you lot further North in this thread. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

i've just got my garden ready for the huge snowstorm that will hit London this weekend even though the temperature will be 12 c⛷️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's been so mild and dry lately, I always think of February as a really cold month but it's been surprisingly mild. Can't think of the last time I saw rain either.

Posted

You need to duck if you head into the MAD thread to avoid all the toys being launched from prams 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Small zone of 60-70mph winds on latest UKV

nmmukgust (4).png

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I have a question, why is everyone excited🤔

No excitement here, in fact the opposite. cooked a sunday dinner for 7 adults yesterday, loved doing it. Went to bed at nine last night as  usual, woke up for work at 0530 feeling like i hadn't slept. Been off sick today and will probably be off tomorrow too the way i feel. who cares if it snows? I could do with sun and warmth just now. Still at least i have a royal illness diagnosis  of enlarged prostate 😄 😄

• Like 1

Posted

I have no intention of wishing my life away as 90% of the posters in the model thread seem to do. 8-9-10-11-12-13-14 days away FOR - F's SAKE!

let's see what tomorrow brings  🙂

Edited by MAF
  • Like 5

Posted

MAF i know, they need to do something constructive wth their time instead of wasting it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

alexisj9 really??? checks

nah touch of sleet thrus, mainly rain.

Edited by Dami

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dami said:

really??? checks

yellow warning means yellow snow.... ewww 🤢😄 

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

snowblind As I said back before the January 'cold spell' I purchased some pat Jennings gloves just for such occasions, 1:1 scale as he had such giant hands 🙂 no barbie dolls, action man/men or lego are going to slip through those bad boys...I've been proved quite astute in doing so as they're being flung everywhere, either that or the MAD thread has really become that predictable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

My flat is an ice block usually so needs the heating on just to take the chill from the inside. Was great not needing it today however. Apart from the wind, which made cycling to and from work an interesting experience with the odd wobble from being blown about, not a bad day! 

Snow this week? Good luck for those north of us. My hope remains for them. Locally, I am convinced its not going to happen at all.  

I saw someone carrying daffodils today so my thoughts are now on youtube chasing tornado season in the US (I associate daffodils timing with tornadoes in US) and for me generally - winters over 😛 bring on spring/summer! 

• Like 1

Posted

If you  read between the isobars ,i think the gfs is being consistent at being inconsistent, its changing wildly every other run ,even the assembles have given up trying to keep track even 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

TN9 always the way, normally ends up further south, but probably not enough south for us this time.

• Like 1

Posted

The model waffle thread has gone from snow chasing to a possible plume in mid-February.😂  Can the models be switched off to save the model waffle posters' sanity?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Why is snow always just going across the middle of the country all the time!

They have already had loads.

That's just not on...  😔 

• Like 2

Posted

I'm with others on this I can't believe how unlucky EA/The South has been this winter in terms of snow prospects - we have yet to register a single flake here in Cambridgeshire. Thursday looks to be another frustratingly close miss with a transient wet snow/sleet event in the west of the region at best.

Longer term prospects have turned rubbish for now too.  Poor show 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Dead on arrival this one for most of us. Those of you north enough might see a flake but another washout.

Winter 23' is sadly looking like a poor one.

Edited by throwoff
  • Like 3

Posted

throwoff yes despite all the promising background signals, teleconnections, battered vortex, tealeaves, seaweed, uncle Tom Cobley 'n all. Something somewhere has overridden all that, confounded all the predictions and delivered us another rubbish 'winter'. Probably a butterfly farting in the Amazon rainforest or something.

So the much predicted weather change is coming. For us just looks like going from mild and windy to average and wet. Still at least we will lose the hideous warm nights.

Sorry for the rant but I've picked up that hideous virus that's been doing the rounds and am currently confined to bed. Not covid I feel much worse than when I did have covid. The models and the actual weather are doing nothing to aid my recovery.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

snowblind Hope you feel better!

There is a whisper out there for something mid Feb but we are really leaving it late again to have any real fun. 

Bring on Spring IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Matty88 Pretty much the same in 2020/21 which was one of the 'better' winters of recent years...northern and central areas had snow on a couple of occasions (particularly around the New Year period if memory serves me right). In this neck of the woods very little with marginal events an easterly in early January that wasn't cold enough and eventually in some parts of coastal Essex and Suffolk in February cold enough air with low dew points arrived but even that with snowfall was on a smallish scale.

Certainly feels like snow events of recent times are becoming more of a north/south divide.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

snowblind that's why I avoid it until April as almost everyone there want it to be Antarctica 

• Thanks 1

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F