Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Time for a brand new shiny thread as we approach Christmas 2023. The old thread clocked up 499 pages of chat and discussions since December 2021 - not bad at all.

And with talk of a possible cold and snowy spell arriving around the Christmas/New Year period, who knows, we might be clocking up our first one hundred pages in record time.

Whatever your weather preference, here's wishing you get lots of it in the weeks and months ahead!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Bye old thread! I let the dog out tonight, and noticed it was still dry. Not five minutes later, he was barking to be let in - and was saturated! Absolute cloudburst.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual works for me...!

I’m slightly surprised we haven’t had a yellow warning for wind on Saturday. Even the MetO app is indicating near 70kph gusts later in the day.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

This weather, rain,rain, rain and more RAIN 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

It really is miserable; the type of day that makes me want to emigrate! Thank goodness for the Christmas sparkle in the house.

Is it too much to wish for cold and crisp over the Christmas period? 

have a good day all 🤗

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Another miserable day...absolute bog of a lawn. Onto the models - latest ECM det is about as bad as it gets in the medium term with rain a plenty and then becoming flat upstream with high pressure to the south, strange though still some coldies banging the drum in the MAD thread (must be on the Xmas sherry early).

Posted

More bins have blown over throughout all of the storms this autumnal/winter so far. Very impressive wind 

Posted

Wow it was different weather on the top of the hill by the sounds of it cos it was dark skies this morning which became glorious sunshine and racing wind 🌞🌬️

Or where the jabs from the Dentist yesterday a bit too good? 🤭

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
32 minutes ago, ChillyJuju said:

Wow it was different weather on the top of the hill by the sounds of it cos it was dark skies this morning which became glorious sunshine and racing wind 🌞🌬️

Or where the jabs from the Dentist yesterday a bit too good? 🤭

"Duuudee.. these jabs are like, totally awesome mannnn. I'm seeing like - sunny skies and seeing wind racing. Rad! 🤙"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Much windier than I was expecting. Anything not heavy has gone flying.

Posted

Although my drive home from Shefford along the M1 seemed more windy than i was expecting So I think it was more Eastwards than the warnings gave.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, MAF said:

Although my drive home from Shefford along the M1 seemed more windy than i was expecting So I think it was more Eastwards than the warnings gave.

Christmas looks up in the air now, will a block block the Atlantic, or will a block be blocked from forming by the Atlantic?

Posted

I'm Autistic, with PTSD and this weather is making me feel even worse :( SAD!  

I don't mind a bit of rain but it's been relentless since the end of Summer

Posted
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

I'm Autistic, with PTSD and this weather is making me feel even worse 😞 SAD!  

My husband becomes very anxious in heavy rain and has really been struggling a lot in recent weeks. There is also autism in the family. Hmmm...

As others have noted, very windy last night, windows rattling more than in some considerable time, and then of course, we wake up to yet more rain;/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

I'm Autistic, with PTSD and this weather is making me feel even worse 😞 SAD!  

That sucks dude! Do you have any coping mechanisms / support network that see you through the more troubling times? Or any bright and cheerful colours to focus your attention on?

I dislike rain but instead of focusing on why I don't like rain.. I focus on the different sounds of rain. The rhythm of raindrops, the different volumes of the rain hitting the window. How some are louder than others, how they sound hitting leafs compared to the ground, an outside piece of furniture. Get totally absorbed by the rain, instead of soaked by what the rain represents to me. That way I lose sight of rain being "bad" so to speak and just know it as rain.. water... h2o.. or just become thankful I am not out in it😁

Try to remember as well that (as I'm sure you well know), yes - it is a difficult time for many but time is also a period that has a beginning and an END! We like endings, the happier ones anyways. Like the old saying, every cloud has a silver lining.. it is searching for it and not getting distracted by the cloud itself.

I (and others im sure) are all here for you! You're not alone in your experiences 😊

You're all good my friend... you got this 😎

Edited by Vortex3929
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
17 hours ago, MAF said:

The great white Xmas of 1981 on C5 at 2100

Froze were the days although it did snow briefly here last night … unfortunately it was “man made” but looking at the photos posted on our community group it did make some smiles which is more than can be said about the relentless wet & windy weather ! 

Zero chance of snow on the big day for me at the moment- I think need to move north when I retire preferably to the top of a big hill ! 

IMG_7209.jpeg

IMG_7224.jpeg

Posted
1 hour ago, Vortex3929 said:

That sucks dude! Do you have any coping mechanisms / support network that see you through the more troubling times? Or any bright and cheerful colours to focus your attention on?

Thank you 

Only my family, just recently finished 12 sessions of mental health counselling.  But seeing family on Wednesday so something to look forward to :ball-santa-emoji:

• Like 1