Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
Just now, lassie23 said:

Yes it is a bit isolated up there company would be ideal. I'll get packing.

ok i'll see you at the station.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 hours ago, MAF said:

🎶 It's beginning to look it's not like Christmas - Damp, grey, cool, and dark... not the best of weather run-ups towards xmas and in my very novice weather forecasting head i reckon xmas day will be much the same (IMBY) as what today day has been*

*based on many years seeing how the trend always goes in a mild direction when you least want it to. 

Can you please share this post in the model waffle thread, it will save people from wasting their time hunting for non-existent snow lol

1 minute ago, Dami said:

ok i'll see you at the station.

I'll bring the nibbles😱

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Can you please share this post in the model waffle thread, it will save people from wasting their time hunting for non-existent snow lol

I'll bring the nibbles😱

hot chocolate please. whipped cream. flake.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dami said:

hot chocolate please. whipped cream. flake.

I forgot to say, i had thunder yesterday dami

Posted
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I forgot to say, i had thunder yesterday dami

for shame

Posted
1 minute ago, moogyboobles said:

spacer.png

This is me. 

Those in the MOD thread forget to look when it finally does snow lol because they are too busy looking for or having a breakdown.

Just now, Dami said:

for shame

Did you get any thunder in bedford

• Like 4

Posted
44 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Those in the MOD thread forget to look when it finally does snow lol because they are too busy looking for or having a breakdown.

Did you get any thunder in bedford

we didn't have beans for tea, so nope

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
23 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Well tonights 12Z is another one of those snow coaster rides for a [will it won’t it be] white Christmas - probably won’t but ⛄

IMG_7287.jpeg

IMG_7289.jpeg

58f4fb5e78364fe866e3e0bebe6ca255.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

58f4fb5e78364fe866e3e0bebe6ca255.jpg

Atm its a definite yeh but!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature  3.1°C

OutsideTempHistory-3.thumb.gif.561aac14d50d9b084fd33ae045795002.gif

Oh yes 😊 the temperature on the graph has nose dived. Where will it end up, will it be sub-zero? *pulls duvet up towards chin* 🥶😴

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Was 2c when I got in the car this morning. See the mad thread is ramping up again.

Would love a bit of this just once, 2 weeks ago 

• Like 2

Posted

The perfect model thread song!

Listened to the song this morning. 

Katy Perry  hot n cold 🎶 

😆 🤣 

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Last time i posted there i was shot down in flames for asking posters to elaborate a bit more and stop using abbreviations without explaining them. never again! 🤣

I am quite a literate person, but some of the stuff posted in there is complete and utter tripe sometimes. 🙄

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

Was 2c when I got in the car this morning. See the mad thread is ramping up again.

Would love a bit of this just once, 2 weeks ago 

Just looks like a few days of cold, very windy unpleasant weather just before/over Christmas before it warms up again. Can't see any snow for us, maybe on hills up north but not here. Looks like nw winds not n or ne so no good for us.

That lake effect snow looks incredible.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Crisp and cold start here, too - and then the clouds rolled in 🤦‍♂️. At least most of the rain evaporated before it got to 2m above ground level.

Pix_02.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, MAF said:

Last time i posted there i was shot down in flames for asking posters to elaborate a bit more and stop using abbreviations without explaining them. never again! 🤣

I am quite a literate person, but some of the stuff posted in there is complete and utter tripe sometimes. 🙄

I'm not sure that even half the posters who use them in there know what they all mean either lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 hours ago, MAF said:

Ha ha, I use way too many abbreviations but I would never not explain them to someone if they were struggling. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, MAF said:

It's met language not utter tripe lol, but yeah people do need to be mindful that not everyone will know what everything means. Most of the abbreviations once posted auto link to an explanation, but not all of them. Perhaps if it doesn't, they could edit and put an info link up.

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Ha ha, I use way too many abbreviations but I would never not explain them to someone if they were struggling. 

see, thats my problem, if i write a report in work i would give a full meaning of an abbreviation the first time i use it and then the reader knows from then on what that abbreviation means. not expect the reader to know the meaning immediately. just seems like common sense to do that to me 😄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
5 hours ago, MAF said:

Absolutely spot on! That is a huge pet peeve of mine. And posting just a chart with one word or nothing at all.

Boom! Yay. Downgrade. Explain the flipping thing as well😡 why is this a boom, Upgrade, downgrade...

I understand most but then we get a few which to me are just colours I switch off and don't learn which is incredibly frustrating. 

End of rant 

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, MAF said:

see, thats my problem, if i write a report in work i would give a full meaning of an abbreviation the first time i use it and then the reader knows from then on what that abbreviation means. not expect the reader to know the meaning immediately. just seems like common sense to do that to me 😄

I've explained everything at least 20 times before so quite frankly I can't be bothered to do it again. 

• Like 2

Posted
58 minutes ago, Vortex3929 said:

Absolutely spot on! That is a huge pet peeve of mine. And posting just a chart with one word or nothing at all.

Boom! Yay. Downgrade. Explain the flipping thing as well😡 why is this a boom, Upgrade, downgrade...

I understand most but then we get a few which to me are just colours I switch off and don't learn which is incredibly frustrating. 

End of rant 

Yep, I used to do thst for some reason but I decided that last year for 3 months, I'd research in-depth a lot and now I try and write paragraphs explaining my thoughts where I don't let my biases overtake by using "could" for example. This just means that I realise that sometimes I may be assuming a lot about what happens if this certain chart is right. I'll try and give examples of each situation that could play out to show the full picture. 

• Like 1

• Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Warming up this week but looking mixed for Bank Holiday weekend

In the sunshine this week, it will feel warmer, with temperatures nudging up through the teens, even past 20C. However, the Bank Holiday weekend is looking a bit mixed. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts