Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

The BBC app mentions light rain!!!! This is not light rain lol and it’s soooo dark.

A trip to the dentist with my ‘phobia stricken’ daughter in half an hour in the rain… deep joy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

After heavy rain stopped here at 7.25 this morning we had a dry spell till about 11am when the heavens opened and had 2 rumbles of thunder about 11.30 along with the rain.Had a slight lull in the rain but it’s come back hard again in last 10 mins and had another rumble of thunder 2 mins ago.Its so dark as well.Currently 7.8 degrees so not too cold but that’s about the only positive!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
4 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

After heavy rain stopped here at 7.25 this morning we had a dry spell till about 11am when the heavens opened and had 2 rumbles of thunder about 11.30 along with the rain.Had a slight lull in the rain but it’s come back hard again in last 10 mins and had another rumble of thunder 2 mins ago.Its so dark as well.Currently 7.8 degrees so not too cold but that’s about the only positive!!

Just had the loudest crack of Thunder I've heard here in Lee, for a very long time.

Not great for this Brontophobe and has added to my stress after experiencing a Prostate Gland Biopsy Yesterday, for suspected Cancer.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Very dark skies made it easy to see the bright white lightning 🌩️ strike followed by loud crack and long rumble of thunder 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Just had the loudest crack of Thunder I've heard here in Lee, for a very long time.

Not great for this Brontophobe and has added to my stress after experiencing a Prostate Gland Biopsy Yesterday, for suspected Cancer.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Like others have said, so very dark today and so, so much rain! I was expecting to see an ark sail by the window at one point. Anyone got Noah's number just incase? 

Praying for good news in the results as well Mr Q! Keep us posted 🙏

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

I pray good news too. I will have my annual PSA test later this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

Like others have said, so very dark today and so, so much rain! I was expecting to see an ark sail by the window at one point. Anyone got Noah's number just incase? 

Praying for good news in the results as well Mr Q! Keep us posted 🙏

3 hours ago, Harry's House said:

I pray good news too. I will have my annual PSA test later this winter.

Good Evening all.

Hope I find  yourselves and your Families, well. 

No more Thunder to report for the rest of the Afternoon, here in S.E. London.

Much thanks to VORTEX3929 and HARRY'S HOUSE, for their kind messages above.

The very best of luck with your PSA Test H.H., later this Winter.👍

I was expecting the Prostate Gland Biopsy to be much more painful but the NHS Staff at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at Woolwich, were all brilliant. You're given an Anaesthetic before the procedure starts in the Prostate Gland area and as it worked, for a while I could be described as "Numb Nuts". I'll get the result of the Biopsy back at Woolwich. on Tuesday.

I now have a Colonoscopy on Saturday Morning at Lewisham Hospital, after a "sample" I provided after one of those D-I-Y Bowel screening kits, came through the post and as I hadn't done one before, as I'm in my late '60s thought I should provide one.

'Er indoors helped me with providing the sample. Who said romance was dead??

Not overly concerned though as I'm cultivating a "bunch of grapes", down below and that might have been the reaso0n for a little blood. Hope you've all enjoyed your Evening meals!! Lol.

I'm more concerned about going without food from 9 A.M. Friday Morning until after the Colonoscopy, 24 hours later.

I've also been warned to not stray far from the Loo, after taking the "evacuating" powders that I will have to take at 6 P.M./9 P.M., on Friday Evening. Both my Wife and eldest Sister have had a Colonoscopy, it isn't painful but just a strange sensation, although the  "evacuating" powders have an explosive effect, on yourself.

As I stated above, hope you've all enjoyed your Evening meals!! 

The strange thing about that huge crack of "gunshot" Thunder earlier this Afternoon, was I saw no Lightning with it.

It was literally a "bolt from the blue", with no sign of the bolt? 

But it certainly shook our House, to it's foundations. It is December is it?

Ironically just before it occurred, I had been posting about a Thunder Snow event that occurred in the early hours of Christmas Morning 1970, during a very lively Thames Snow Streamer event, which gave a fall of 4 inches during Christmas and Boxing Day, that Year.

Now that's the sort of Thunder I don't mind hearing, when it's accompanied by a decent Snowfall, as happened in the Thames Snow Streamer event of February 1st/2nd February, 2009.

This what I call a "bolt from the blue":

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍 

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well tonights 12Z is another one of those snow coaster rides for a [will it won’t it be] white Christmas - probably won’t but ⛄

IMG_7287.jpeg

IMG_7289.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Good luck, Tom, with your test. Hope you aren't too sore this morning. Aching nuts is much worse than numb ones. Back to weather - if anyone thinks it hass been a bit wet, it has rained here 20 out of the last 30 days! We have had 136mm of rain in that time, or or over 5 1/4 inches in old money. Now that's nuts!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Snow tyre said:

Good luck, Tom, with your test. Hope you aren't too sore this morning. Aching nuts is much worse than numb ones. Back to weather - if anyone thinks it hass been a bit wet, it has rained here 20 out of the last 30 days! We have had 136mm of rain in that time, or or over 5 1/4 inches in old money. Now that's nuts!

Good Morning, all. 

Much thanks for those kind words, Snow tyre.

They seem to be less sore this Morning, now thinking of roasting 'em for Christmas!!

And back to the Weather myself,  I see that GFS 12z tease that Ali [Snowangel-MK] posted Yesterday Evening is now just a fleeting memory!!

image.thumb.png.9a8bc5a0e850728a839fd44550508282.png / image.thumb.png.4a5ee6171ab20d50209029963ce700d7.png

The GFS 06z looks a Christmas Day "Bore Fest" Think roasting my nuts, will be infinitely more interesting. 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 1

Posted

🎶 It's beginning to look it's not like Christmas - Damp, grey, cool, and dark... not the best of weather run-ups towards xmas and in my very novice weather forecasting head i reckon xmas day will be much the same (IMBY) as what today day has been*

*based on many years seeing how the trend always goes in a mild direction when you least want it to. 

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

There is major arousal in the MOD thread, someone has just posted a chart of a big upgrade, whatever floats your boat.😳

Posted

Ooooh sounds interesting, gonna go have a dive cos ya know curiosity killed the cat 😼

Overcast here all day with weak bursts of Drizzle hitting the windows throughout the day.

Could be good later though, temperature is nose-diving at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, ChillyJuju said:

Ooooh sounds interesting, gonna go have a dive cos ya know curiosity killed the cat 😼

Overcast here all day with weak bursts of Drizzle hitting the windows throughout the day.

you got the holy grail of all-weather, drizzle, I'm suddenly really jealous👀

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, ChillyJuju said:

just had a quick look and it looks like a load of fuss about nothing lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

can it snow please.

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

There is major arousal in the MOD thread, someone has just posted a chart of a big upgrade, whatever floats your boat.😳

water normally. but that usually means rain, or in winter, melted snow before it hits the ground 😄 😄

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

I think boats floating is probably a reality unless they blow away first but then there is always a chance ….

IMG_7296.jpeg

IMG_7297.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

can it snow please.

Well the GFS says YES 🏂

…. But I think it’s been on the mulled wine 🍷 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

I think boats floating is probably a reality unless they blow away first but then there is always a chance ….

IMG_7296.jpeg

IMG_7297.jpeg

looks like a sleet fest for london😍

6 minutes ago, Dami said:

can it snow please.

If you can move to the Shetlands by the 23rd you may be in luck.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

looks like a sleet fest for london😍

If you can move to the Shetlands by the 23rd you may be in luck.

ok you coming too?

Posted
2 minutes ago, MAF said:

Wish I had 😉 

Got mine ready for tomorrow evening 🍷 think I might need a drink after my appointment tomorrow afternoon! 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Dami said:

ok you coming too?

Yes it is a bit isolated up there company would be ideal. I'll get packing.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F