Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 hour ago, snowblind said:

And the rollercoaster has plunged off a cliff this morning. It's a stomach churning ride at the moment. 

1 hour ago, snowblind said:

And the rollercoaster has plunged off a cliff this morning. It's a stomach churning ride at the moment. 

Yet again the GFS is never the model to follow …ECM has had none of this cold blip for Christmas, in fact we could now see temp as high as 15c come Christmas week, Today 11c blue sky fell like spring if you are out of the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

Just has a surprising notification on here, a new badge indicating that I have been hanging around these part for 20 years! 

I had to look up what was going on at the time to make me join, obviously it was this.

Can't remember that?...just looked at the historical charts and it was all a bit of a storm in a tea cup, the snow/wintryness he was referring to occurred on this date (chart below)...over in a day job and can't remember any snow falling here - Xmas was of a westerly regime.

I've been on here about 20 years too...joining after the BBC snow watch ended.

2003Dec2200_NA850tmp.png

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
7 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Can't remember that?...just looked at the historical charts and it was all a bit of a storm in a tea cup, the snow/wintryness he was referring to occurred on this date (chart below)...over in a day job and can't remember any snow falling here - Xmas was of a westerly regime.

I've been on here about 20 years too...joining after the BBC snow watch ended.

2003Dec2200_NA850tmp.png

I don't remember either! So likely an non-event in the end and just rain. I did have a little google to check.

Posted
7 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

Just has a surprising notification on here, a new badge indicating that I have been hanging around these part for 20 years!

Happy 20th :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

I had to look up what was going on at the time to make me join, obviously it was this.

even back then when it came to snow it was all ifs buts and maybes😳

Posted
7 hours ago, slater said:

Indeed. I was out in the sunshine in a t-shirt it felt pretty pleasant out of the wind.

Posted

It's Panto time!!!!

its going to snow on xmas day...

oh no it isn't...

oh yes it is....

Well it might do oop north but my supercomputer brain tells me its not happening down south. 

Models eh??? :drunk-emoji:🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just got home from church, lovely photo of a snowy St Mary’s on the cover of the carol service booklet - sadly the reality wasn’t the same  - time to catch up with countryfile now and some Welsh rarebit 🤗

So are people still watching every run flip and flop from the previous one 🤷🏻‍♀️ talk about blow hot blow cold 🥹 

IMG_7401.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Snowangel-MK said:

Just got home from church, lovely photo of a snowy St Mary’s on the cover of the carol service booklet - sadly the reality wasn’t the same  - time to catch up with countryfile now and some Welsh rarebit 🤗

So are people still watching every run flip and flop from the previous one 🤷🏻‍♀️ talk about blow hot blow cold 🥹 

was a good episode tonight, won't spoil it for you. weather for the week ahead interesting ......

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, MAF said:

was a good episode tonight, won't spoil it for you. weather for the week ahead interesting ......

I enjoyed Countryfile tonight, educating the townies and young folk on the natural weather warnings that us older generations and country people have been brought up with. 

It’s a shame kids don't have the chance to learn about the weather and countryside things in school, I did CSE rural studies as it was one of my “science” options along with biology, it might encourage some of them to look up at the sky and their surroundings and not stare at their phone screens all the time. 🥹

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

even back then when it came to snow it was all ifs buts and maybes😳

I think it always will be, well for at least the foreseeable. They can predict wet stuff falling, in what format though, it's a fine line.
And that is why we love it so. We only really know when we look outside.  
The uncertainty. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A bootiful sunrise today, here in Suffolk.

Sunrise18Dec23.thumb.jpg.bb53fff14a0572df7d13d86eef89fffc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Tomorrow is looking a very damp one!! And Thursday considerably breezy!!

Plan the Christmas shopping trips wisely 😀

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Tomorrow is looking a very damp one!! And Thursday considerably breezy!!

Plan the Christmas shopping trips wisely 😀

shopping? what's that? 😄 although i will need to get the fresher food in before the weekend seeing as i have been 'volunteered' to sort a meal out for the 10 family visitors on the weekend 🙄🤨

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Peaceful grey day. I feel lucky to enjoy days like this. Something soothing for the soul. Can get too much though just like anything.

Posted

Oh my !mass mass slashing of wrists  on the MAD thread as  the threat of a cold snap has gone it seems .a push of SW mild mush coming our way ...my own thoughts are you we can really  do without a prolonged cold spell.. our energy bills are on par with having a bloody mortgage but I would like some winter sunshine to cheers us all up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So currently state of play this part of the world Christmas eve could hit 13c or 14c The day itself 12C or higher if cloud breaks ECM been spot on with this 10 days ago 

Posted

Visited the Reindeer farm today, they are all ready to pull Santa’s sleigh - as seen on channel 5 “Christmas in the Cotswolds” programme (repeated tomorrow evening I believe)

It stayed dry but another dull grey day weather wise - would have looked very pretty in the snow though 😊

IMG_7484.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

Posted

Temperature
11.8°C

OutsideTempHistory.thumb.gif.b140a003a14d71ba88351c30087ea764.gif

I thought it was the Meteorological start to Winter on Thursday 21st 😬 

Even the possibility of Storm Gerrit leaves the SE in no mans land with Oop norf getting all the fun *sighs* 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
13 hours ago, slater said:

So currently state of play this part of the world Christmas eve could hit 13c or 14c The day itself 12C or higher if cloud breaks ECM been spot on with this 10 days ago 

MAD thread gone into a state of depression. I'm only suprised that they are suprised when this happens every year. We are just not in the right place geographically for a cold/white Christmas.