Are you saying its more blocked than me 

3 hours ago, snowrye said:

Are you saying its more blocked than me on facebook

What did you say or do ?? Lol ,cant imagine you kicking up the dust 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
1 minute ago, TN9 said:

What did you say or do ?? Lol ,cant imagine you kicking up the dust 

Im actually on a 3 week, non ban streak. Unheard of for me, anyway, better say something about the weather, before I get banned on here. It's stopped raining 

• Like 1

Posted
On 08/12/2023 at 20:37, Blessed Weather said:

Time for a brand new shiny thread as we approach Christmas 2023. The old thread clocked up 499 pages of chat and discussions since December 2021 - not bad at all.

And with talk of a possible cold and snowy spell arriving around the Christmas/New Year period, who knows, we might be clocking up our first one hundred pages in record time.

Whatever your weather preference, here's wishing you get lots of it in the weeks and months ahead!

Thanks for telling me blessed lol , thought hes only moved and not told me where the party has moved to 🙂

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Im actually on a 3 week, non ban streak. Unheard of for me, anyway, better say something about the weather, before I get banned on here. It's stopped raining 

🙂 🙂 ..sin bin then yea  it has here  about 2hours ago  ..wind was strong here yesterday much stronger than i thought that it  would be ,as  usually happens when its forecast 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
23 minutes ago, snowrye said:

erm the weather is very weathery today, best i could come up with i'm afraid lol

Posted

Just chipping in as I noticed the mention of SAD on this SE thread. 

I noticed a few years back during the darker months I was lacking energy and often had a pretty lousy mood. I'd gotten past teenage moodswings and this felt much more like a mild depression which seemed to recur every winter. 

Not that it will work for everyone, but I tried taking occasional vitamin D supplements (available on amazon - I chose to use the vitabiotics ones but there's plenty available), and they had a profoundly positive effect on both my mindset and physical energy level. Please, if you're feeling a bit down and haven't tried these, or sun-lamp, give it a go. It doesn't stop the pessimistic thoughts of - 'bloody heck will this rain never end?!' But at least you might smile about it. 

Fingers crossed for some high pressure and clear frosty winter days soon ey. 

Edited by Ellozee
Spelling
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 hours ago, snowrye said:

Lol I don't know what people do to get banned on there, it's never happened to me yet., but I know lots of people it keeps happening too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Looking like we can pretty much write off December for any chance of the cold stuff down here. As far as I’m concerned that means a third of winter gone for what I would describe as “proper winter”. Yes, it can snow in March and even April but even the exceptional cold of the BFTE couldn’t keep it on the ground long for that late in the season, in my neck of the woods at least.

I’d never be bold enough to say this on the main thread but, in my opinion, rare are the occasions that a proper cold spell comes along without the MO picking up on it first. Nov/Dec 10 is often quoted but I recall the MO long ranger picked that up from a long way out and remorselessly counted it down till it hit. Same with the BFTE I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Lovely dry day out in and around Henley on Thames today - saw lots of flooding on the way home, enough rain & wind now - time for a change even if it’s dry cold ! 

IMG_7257.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

What's happening in the MOD thread, Christmas Day must be showing up in the models by now👀

They seem pretty calm. A fairly consistent n'ly of late and ecm took a step towards gfs is my overall simpleton taking of the mood. 

Not a bad day here either. Drier, not particularly cold. Nothing special but glad the sky isn't leaking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

No, Vortex3929! As soon as you said that we had a sky leak!

Posted

I haven't put winter tyres on my car this year so watch it snow lol

6 minutes ago, Snow tyre said:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Could not sleep the wind was making a racket all night.

Both storms missed me, not complaining, wish the rain did too.

• Like 1

Posted
On 10/12/2023 at 21:12, Ellozee said:

Just chipping in as I noticed the mention of SAD on this SE thread. 

I noticed a few years back during the darker months I was lacking energy and often had a pretty lousy mood. I'd gotten past teenage moodswings and this felt much more like a mild depression which seemed to recur every winter. 

Not that it will work for everyone, but I tried taking occasional vitamin D supplements (available on amazon - I chose to use the vitabiotics ones but there's plenty available), and they had a profoundly positive effect on both my mindset and physical energy level. Please, if you're feeling a bit down and haven't tried these, or sun-lamp, give it a go. It doesn't stop the pessimistic thoughts of - 'bloody heck will this rain never end?!' But at least you might smile about it. 

Fingers crossed for some high pressure and clear frosty winter days soon ey. 

I take D3 every day during the winter.

• Like 3

Posted

Today's Low Temp  0.8°C  at    20:31OutsideTempHistory-2.thumb.gif.3cc18a4e3ebe56ee53c536aa78f89712.gif

As can be seen on the graph, it reached a low temp @ half 8pm and was looking promising for a frosty night to follow todays Sunshine. Then it went pear-shaped with a rising temperature 🤨

As has been mentioned, it's wise to take Vitamin D. I too chose the Vitabiotics just like @Ellozee and take D3 on a pretty regular basis especially during the long nights 🦉

Edited by ChillyJuju
Typo
  • Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, ChillyJuju said:

Today's Low Temp  0.8°C  at    20:31OutsideTempHistory-2.thumb.gif.3cc18a4e3ebe56ee53c536aa78f89712.gif

As can be seen on the graph, it reached a low temp @ half 8pm and was looking promising for a frosty night to follow todays Sunshine. Then it went pear-shaped with a rising temperature 🤨

As has been mentioned, it's wise to take Vitamin D. I too chose the Vitabiotics just like @Ellozee and take D3 on a pretty regular basis especially during the long nights 🦉

I rely on the sun in sultry London in the summer for vitamin D lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Horrendous drive in this morning , aquaplaning left,right and centre. Wide tyres and heavy rain never great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
9 hours ago, Snow tyre said:

My bad!!!! I should've whispered that. Oops.

As Sparky68 has said, it is an appalling looking morning on radar. Many leaks out there. I think I'll be swimming to work this morning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

It's all gone wonderfully dark and cosy with torrential rain here... however I am feeling bad as it's bin day, and they are not having a great time doing their job in this. 

• Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Warming up this week but looking mixed for Bank Holiday weekend

In the sunshine this week, it will feel warmer, with temperatures nudging up through the teens, even past 20C. However, the Bank Holiday weekend is looking a bit mixed. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts