Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Behind the Front.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just to let you guys know, that it's still hot and sunny up here behind the front. It's about 5C down on yesterday, but the Sun's so strong, it more than makes up for it! :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

Posted

I was gonna start a thread on this earlier, Here the temps are down a touch on yesterdays which were about 33 degrees celcius, Now they are about 25 degrees celcius but still very humid.

I really don't think this front will make any difference to temperatures this week, In the short term they will drop behind the storms because of the downdrafts, But in to next week they will be back up in to the 30 s degrees celcius.

Thats my opinion anyways.

What do you all think :?:

Posted

A very similar thing occurred in '75 or '76 [i can't recall which :lol: ]: then they forecast 25C the day after the front went through - but London still recorded 30! I do think that it'll cool down later in the week though, although it might not. Stranger things have been known to happen! :D

Posted

I think it's because we've so little wind and such very strong sunshine. The Glens might be able to hang on to pockets of warm air left behind. At least, that happens with pockets of cold air in winter. Well - it's a hypothesis anyway! :lol: :D

Posted

Vewry sunny here, feels about 25C and humid. Feel quite oppressive still. It felt loveley in the rain before though. Temps must have been about 20C!

Posted

We've had cloud for the past half-hour - it's only 25.5 now. It's still warm!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I think things may well kick off again when the front goes over otherwise thats the end

Posted

After three hours' faffing about, the frontal cirrus has finally started to move away eastwards. I'd say it's back-edge is at least 50 miles away now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Thunder rumbling here getting very dark. Im just on the edge of the storm though :)