Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 08th April 2005

PB22

Posted

There may be a few odd storms about today.

Any reports can go here, thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Had a brief hail / graupel shower here at 16.40z followed by 1 flash of cc and a big rumble of thunder :angry: Not sure of origin, either Cb or thundery shower as I was directly underneath it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Lots of really heavy hail storms noted today whilst travelling to Scarboroughfrom Hull. My car indicated temperature of 7 degreesas I set off. A heavy hailstorm came through with really strong winds and temperature dropped to 1 degree after the storm passed Brief snow flurries followed. Repeat the above process about 4 times on the journey North. Huge towering clouds seperated by brief periods of sunniness. Largest hail was about pea sized near Staxton-on-the-Wolds on the edge of the Vale of York at about 3:50pm. The hail storms came through from 3:00pm-5:00pm. Think I saw a flash of lightning in the first storm near Beverley, but not particularly close to where I was. There were some very dark clouds to the East in the direction I saw the flash.

It's not hailed in over an hour, but it's now snowing reasonably heavily and even settling on the grass. Interesting day so far :angry:

Archived