Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Conditions 8-11/3/03

R.P. McMurphy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Its way out into Newcastle now - I think youll find it did miss Oldham ah well!

Posted

oh yea, the good thing is the temps and sometimes if your lucky yes, there can be a few hefty thuinderstorms, but it seems that everything u hope for does not come, but if u forget about it and just leave it and not check up on it then it will happen. :?

Posted

UV Index: 0 Minimal

Wind: From the South Southwest at 21 mph

Dew Point: 5°C

Humidity: 67%

Visibility: Unlimited

Barometer: 1,010.8 mb

11°C

Mostly cloudy

Thunderstorms Gone! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very showery - no thunder :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Strong SW wind.

Temp. 5.6C :cry:

Posted

Hi Peeps

Just driven through the tail end of a thunderstorm, lots of huge splats of rain. I could see the lightening off in the distance but it's heading off towards Scarborough. Hope we get some more :(

Posted

I didn't drive right through it only the tail end, thank goodness. I looove thunderstorms, but can't bear to drive in one. I know it's supposed to be the safest place to be but :shock:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Well I'm sorry to say they are dying out now - it has become too cold to sustain a developed cumulonimbus -and the Met-Office saying thundery rain tonight thats the biggest joke ive ever heard! Currently no storms anywhere within the UK that we know of at this current time as they have all died out :cry: ah well we live another day

Posted

Been cloudy here all day

Temp: 12°C 54°F

Wind: 16mph/SW

Barometer:1014

Humidity: 77%

Posted

It said for tomorrow heavy rain for the SW clearing away towards the afternoon thundery in the NW of britain . wednesday it will be dry and bright thats what the bbc said :D:(:D

Posted

Wind from the SSW (210 degrees) at 25 MPH (22 KT)

Visibility greater than 7 mile(s)

Sky conditions mostly cloudy

Temperature 48 F (9 C)

Dew Point 41 F (5 C)

Relative Humidity 75%

Pressure (altimeter) 29.53 in. Hg (1000 hPa)

EGPF 102220Z 21022KT 9999 BKN030 09/05 Q1000

Posted

Temperature: 16°C (61°F)

Wind: 10mph SW (variant SSW)

Cloud: Cumulus, Towering Cumulus

Activity: what can I say beautiful, sunny, physically warm, and it reminds me of my holiday in Tenerife last year - possibly the best weather ive experienced of the year so far - I'm very sorry to go on its just beautiful i'd settle for this every day of the year - just wonderful :wink:

Posted

I'd say maximum gusts around 44mph minimum about 25mph.

Posted

Is that classed as quite strong in meteorology terms or is that quite mild? It certainly sounds strong when the gusts whooosh along outside. Is it just me or have we suffered worsening winds over the past few years? They seem to get stronger each year. Is it me or is there any evidence for it? :?

Posted

I dont think the gusts are getting stronger although there are alot more intense low pressure duse to a pretty rough North Atlantic Oscillation (warming and cooling of the seas producing unstability) I think the gusts right now are exeptionally mild for how strong they are. Gusts are always strong because they take people by surprise and even at 25mph they will knock you about.