Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 28th July 05

Paul Sherman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Massive flash of Lightning here as I type......................large roar of thunder seems to be slowly heading this way..............quite infrequent tho about a one strike every few mintues

Callie whereabouts near Eastbourne are you? :(

Posted

Another big flash towards Brighton but too much low cloud cannot see any forked lightning.......rain is steady and winds are quite fresh still too quiet I was expecting it to be more frequent strike wise ;)

Just seen an amazing lightning folk light up the sky for a few seconds.........main strikes must me still a good few miles away.........terrible headache btw :(

Posted

lightning detector showing activity from 2300 hrs

distant thunder heard at midnight coming from the south

betweeen 0030 and 0200 regular lightning one flash every minute or so

rain not partcularly heavy but constant and persistant - Air very humid and misty

Posted
Massive flash of Lightning here as I type......................large roar of thunder seems to be slowly heading this way..............quite infrequent tho about a one strike every few mintues

Callie whereabouts near Eastbourne are you?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am up in Stone Cross, how about you?

Callie :(

Posted
I am up in Stone Cross, how about you?

Callie ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Near the seafront 2 minutes from the pier........I grew up down the road from Stone Cross :p

Showers now moving in from the sea.....not thunder as of yet

Posted

Guys please try to keep on topic ie Storm Reports, today could be very busy later and i have to trawl through all of these for the League Tables

I Thank You

Paul Sherman

Posted

Now easing.

But very heavy rain recently here.

Faint thunder.

With one general rumble.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Colleague at work hearing reports of mini tornado in Mosely Village Birmingham very recently. Possible structural damage with road closures in place.

Cant confirm this but his son is in the area and just phoned this through

Posted

Just heard some news, Tornado in Birmingham (Small Heath area)??????

roofs torn off, Cars tossed about???????

Interesting picture on the BBC news West Midlands website

Posted

OK, we have got around 4 storms located around this area at the moment. There are immense CB buildups. So far we have only caught one, about an hour ago, but conditions here are amazing. I might head out in the car in a bit, the CB buildups are brilliant!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Weak Storm from 3.30 to 5.15. Very Little Lightning just the odd flash plenty of rain though. VP2 at one time showed a rate of 35.6mm an hour.

From being a very dry month we're now above average. We've only had noteable rain on three days as well.

Guest Nelbertine
Weak Storm from 3.30 to 5.15. Very Little Lightning just the odd flash plenty of rain though. VP2 at one time showed a rate of 35.6mm an hour.

From being a very dry month we're now above average. We've only had noteable rain on three days as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Driven back over the Lincolnshire Wolds through fog, with lightning flashing above. Throw in Peter Cushing and it was a Hammer set.

Also Thunderstorm (and reported tornado) S of Grantham in Lincolnshire around 4:30pm

Posted

Rained all day, turned light from 1 pm then at 3.30 pm the sky went very dark, had been overcast and misty all day too. The rain then turned very heavy, became worse around 4.30, lots of surface water, burst drains and lots of local flooding. counted around 10 flashes/loud cracks of thunder. Unexpected but exciting.

Guest *Ice*

Absoloutely lashed it down solidly with strong gale force winds until around 2pm,eased off a little for a few hours although certainly not the winds,then seems to be intensifying again at present with black skies and hail thrown in now for good measure.....no thunder as of yet. (pennines/Derbyshire). :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I'm hearing a few rumbles of thunder here. It's chucking it down, as it has on and off since midday. It's worse now than it has been so far today. I don't think it's stopped raining in some form or other since about 11.00am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

SOUTH-WEST BIRMINGHAM.

Bournville Village Trust, Selly Oak.

Four miles west of Kings Heath:

2:10 pm to 2:40 pm.

After a morning of murk and wet, the sky turned dark all over around 2 pm. The rain became torrential, soon accompanied by thunder. Very bright forked lightning around 2:20 pm, with an almost instantaneous thunderclap. Further lightning followed, around every minute or so. The rain became very intense indeed, flooding most roads temporarily, and visibility as a result was very poor.

As the cloudburst eased, around 2:35 or so, the intensity of the darkness was positioned in the eastern part of the sky - as visibilty and light improved from the south over the western side of the sky. I was unaware of any tornado for another hour, but the eastern sky was a 'filthy' dark brownish-grey.

During the storm the winds were light easterly, veering to southerly, picking up only a little at the end of the storm, to an estimated 10 mph or so.

Posted

Hi,

Very weird weather here in Cleethorpes. All day its been muggy, murky and after some heavy rain this afternoon, it came in really foggy. This lasted up until about 10 mins ago!!. There were a few rumbles of thunder and a bit of rain and the wind pickedup. The fog cleared almost immediately and you can now see towering CB's and blue sky!!....it was almost as if someone switched on a giant fan....and the fog was gone. Clouds building from the wolds direction now.

Rgds

Glenn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Storm here today, not tht impressive but thunder, lightning and heavy rain is still a storm.lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Another huge storm is now sat over Scarborough. Some of the prettiest lightning I've ever seen and torrential rain. Using my basic method of measuring rainfall, which consists of measuring how big of a waterfall is created by the gutter above my bedroom overflowing, this is the heaviest it's been all year. Heavier than the June 3rd and June 19th storms which both caused localised and flash flooding in the area :) All this rain on top of a full day of consistent drizzle and frequent downpours is surely causing some flooding issues around here.

Archived