Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow League Tables 05/06

Posted

The 1st Snow League Table of the Winter Season will be updated tomorrow 19th November 05

A good start to the season esp if you live in North East England or North East Scotland. Great to see so many new members posting and our 1st Snow post from the Shetland Islands.

The league tables will be here:

Weekly league table

http://net-weather.co.uk/extras/weeklysnowleague.htm

Overall league

http://net-weather.co.uk/extras/snowleague.htm

Regards

Paul Sherman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Snow League Tables will be Updated Thur/Fri or Saturday from the last 2 weeks, looks like a very healthy start to the season this year.

Q. Someone told me last year but how many cm's equal 1 Inch??

I have a feeling 1 Inch = 2.5cm but not certain.

Cheers

Paul Sherman

Posted

Snow League Table Updated to Friday 2nd December (Yesterday) Weekly league will start appearing in January.

Scotland and anywhere North & West of Watford doing the best this winter.

Paul Sherman

Posted

League Tables will be Updated Next Saturday IF Anything remotely wintry happen. WHERE HAS OUR WINTER GONE :):cold::):D

Paul Sherman

Posted

Snow Leagues Updated to and Including Friday 16th December until Midnight, all Saturday reports will appear in the league next week. Still Scotland skating it this year (Sorry) and England looking poor for snow with the westerly componant in the wind.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Julian, Yes Wales and the South West and west Central Southern England doing very well for the time of year so far.Not us in the Snow Starved South East :whistling::doh:

Paul Sherman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Snow League Tables will be Updated to Friday 31st December In Early January. Now depending on how silly it gets in the next few days will determine how long this takes. With the snow expected in the most populus areas we could be talking Pages in the 50/60's at a rough guess so it will take time, Don't forget to post snow depth's and read the tip on how to measure snow. Don't just look out and say oh there is 4 feet :):)

We Wish eh, no but we could in all seriousness get some hefty accumalations.

Regards

Paul Sherman

• 1 month later...
Posted

Just a quick update, have now collated all the reports up to Thursday 19th January and have now got to put together the league table, so should be later this week that the League table will be available.

Regards

Paul Sherman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The Snow Leagues have been Updated to 25th January 2006 and Scotland leading the way this year, but with over 300 Reports from different members a very busy year, good job the Snow has done an offski. Compared to this time last year, nowhere near as many Snow Days so is this Winter better than last year or not, certainly colder and drier much as the Meto predicted.

Regards

Paul Sherman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Snow League Tables Updated to Wednesday 15th February 2006. Still Aberdeenshire the leaders this year.

Just for interest, if you click on the Weekly Snow League I have posted last winters Final Totals, you will see we have a VERY Long way to go to get near those figures across most of the country.

Will next week produce the goods???

Paul Sherman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

How come weekly update dated SNOW LEAGUE TABLE UP TO & INCLUDING 29TH APRIL 2005 .How come its not updated.

Posted

Rob, Read the above Post, I posted the Final League for last year to compare to this year. The weekly totals will not be updated, just the Overall Legue at present as I have over 1000 posts to upload.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Cheers Rob, Bit of a Marathon this year with all the new members, luckily not so many are into T-Storms would you believe so that is a little easier.

Paul Sherman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Paul - I've just noticed in your league table no occasions of Thundersnow for Aberdeen. I could be wrong but I though I reported this extremely rare event on Friday the 3rd March. We had Thunder & Lightning mixed with snowfall at 8.00am on the date mentioned.

Posted

Hi Mate, Yes the Snow League tables are only updated to late February at the Mo, still compiling reports so will show this when the league is next updated.

Cheers

PAUL Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
Hi Mate, Yes the Snow League tables are only updated to late February at the Mo, still compiling reports so will show this when the league is next updated.

Cheers

PAUL Sherman

The data regarding the number of wintry outbreaks in your signature, has similar data been collected for previous winters? If so, is it published somewhere on this site?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
Unfortunately No, this is the 1st year for me.

Paul S

I think TWS is the man then. He appears to have a photographic memory in that respect.

EDIT: I suppose I could just plough through the archive wetterzentrale charts myself.

Edited by The Enforcer

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Mate, The Leagues are taking forever this year, so many new members and soo many days with reports, am currently somewhere in the 1st week of March at present :doh::doh: But will probably update sometime in April hopefully :blush:

Paul S