Paul

Posted

This morning at 6-45

Temp -3c

very foggy

At the moment

Temp 7.2c

Wind 7.8

Pressure1009.0 mbars, We had a hail shower at lunch time, nothing else to write home about, can't wait till 5 nov when I go to Cuba ahh nice hot sun for 2 weeks.

Posted

Well what a day! The day started cloudy and at around 9am it started raining lightly and it was feeling very cold, I swear I saw a few bits and pieces of sleet! And it has stayed cloudy all day and at about 11:45ish it started raining moderately and this soon turned heavy and it's been like that since. My school field is flooded in some parts with some very large puddles, overall 7.2mm since 9am today. The current temperature is 5.7c with a max of 6.3c I believe

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

very cold night last night! temp is downs to 3c but is felt likes a minus! dry night but morning is brings rain and 9.45ish we is got rumblies of thunders!!! :o we is deifintelys in for sevre winters! it is rained on offs all days and temp is max at 8c. no sunnyshines todays though!!!!! no snow eithers!!! baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

currently raining........ from a cirrus cloud yes very strange. Must be pretty cold up there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

been raining all day 6c feels like 4c

From the East at 7 mph

Dew Point: 4°C

Humidity: 87%

Visibility: 6 miles

Barometer: 1,005.1 mb

Posted

Bugger all is what it is doing here today, There has been a bit of drizzlyness and its cold, But thats about it, The sky is painted grey here aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Max 8C here in Lancaster. A mainly cloudy day, quite hazy, with a little sun and a few light rain showers. Strengthening, cold E wind. I was amazed, though, at how easily the showers were getting over the Pennines.

Posted

15°C now, more than 50mm of rain fallen this day so far and it's till raining heavily. SW still blowing. The very intersting situation is tomorrow in Crtoatia. 2 totaly devided weather zones under 2 totaly different air influences: Continental part will have max 5-10°C, and coastal part 20-25°C. Luckily in friday it gets to normal in coastland, and it will snow everywhre in continental part even at sea level. 2-5°C predicted.

Posted

Now very gusty winds picking up along with heavy rain .

Temp still at 3c but bitter feeling.

Local West forecaster never even mentioned wintry precipitation as a possibility (warned of very heavy rain) despite the national forecast warning of it for higher ground down this way!

Guest ChaserUK

boring here. 8c part cloudy and no rain, sleet or hail or even wet sleet! More interesting during drive to Bury St. Edmunds this morning however. Starting temp 7.5c with light rain dropped to 5.5c by time in Bury with signs of very very wet sleet (i.e you could see the odd ice crystal in the raindrops that hit the windshield). That's it for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

hail is basically ice that forms around dust particles. For instance hail is more likely in more polluted skies!

Posted

Also maximum of 8.3 recorded here this hour ! Had very heavy rain today totalling 15 mm ! I dont think the really cold stuff is that far away now in terms of weeks ! Hope it holds off for a few more days as our heating system has broken down !

Posted
Also maximum of 8.3 recorded here this hour ! Had very heavy rain today totalling 15 mm ! I dont think the really cold stuff is that far away now in terms of weeks ! Hope it holds off for a few more days as our heating system has broken down !

Yes quite strange isn't it Peter :? I hope you get your heating system up and running soon :o

Now the temp has risen to 7.1c :shock: 10mm of rain today from more or less non-stop heavy rain from noon until 8Pm

Make that 7.4c :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Cold and clear in Lancaster, max was 8C, now falling to 5C.

Reports suggest there has been serious thundery activity in NE England, anyone around to confirm this?

Posted

Currently at 22:15:

Cloudy.

Showery.

Windy.

Current temperature: 5.3C STEADY

Wind: Easterly 13MPH

Pressure: 1012mb RISING

Posted

currently 2,9C few clouds ... hopping rain for late tonight with some snow around 800m then 600m and maybe 400 :shock: :shock: