Cold?
IGNORED

Net Weather Team Back Home Ok?

just a topic to find out?

you guys safe and sound on home turf?

thanks for all your reports and info hope you are all OK :p

just a topic to find out?

you guys safe and sound on home turf?

thanks for all your reports and info hope you are all OK :)

mods delete if need be :)

Posted

Have literally just got back home just now, Ozzie is on his way to Rugby as we speak, flight was only 8 hours 15 minutes on the way back thanks to the good ol JET Stream, 1 hour flight from Corpus Christi to Dallas was good as well, only flew at 20,000 feet so we got to look at everywhere we chased over the last 3 weeks. Been up for 19 hours so my bed is calling soon.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Have literally just got back home just now, Ozzie is on his way to Rugby as we speak, flight was only 8 hours 15 minutes on the way back thanks to the good ol JET Stream, 1 hour flight from Corpus Christi to Dallas was good as well, only flew at 20,000 feet so we got to look at everywhere we chased over the last 3 weeks. Been up for 19 hours so my bed is calling soon.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Welcome back!! Nowt good about the 'good' ol jet stream (ha ha) apart from gettin u'z home quicker it needs to shove off north!!!

Shame about the last few days with the block in place but at least you got a 'canny' rest sun and sand..oh and not forgettin the booze!!

Posted

Thanks Paul and all, the first 10 days were amazing, just looking at the videos and trying to choose which ones to upload for you all, the last 8 days were not my sort of holiday but out of 18 days we chasing 10 and had 8 down days, so not bad, If i had to choose 1 Storm in would be the Kent County Supercell which had 17 Meso's at one point and produced the Tornado Picture, scariest moment would have to be sitting in Coalgate (Ok) during 45 minutes of Wailing Tornado Sirens under a Garage Roof being pounded by Hailstones, Mississippi was also bad as we lost radar quite a bit and driving visibility was non-existant, best Lightning display was Brownwood (TX) and also the same place had earlier had the Coleman County Supercell and Bow Echoe all on the same night. Corpus Christi was a good storm and the relax after on the beach for 3 days were nice, I think we were lucky with the start of May and this will be the 2nd Straight below par May on the trot, so next year cannot be missed.

Paul S

Thanks Paul and all, the first 10 days were amazing, just looking at the videos and trying to choose which ones to upload for you all, the last 8 days were not my sort of holiday but out of 18 days we chasing 10 and had 8 down days, so not bad, If i had to choose 1 Storm in would be the Kent County Supercell which had 17 Meso's at one point and produced the Tornado Picture, scariest moment would have to be sitting in Coalgate (Ok) during 45 minutes of Wailing Tornado Sirens under a Garage Roof being pounded by Hailstones, Mississippi was also bad as we lost radar quite a bit and driving visibility was non-existant, best Lightning display was Brownwood (TX) and also the same place had earlier had the Coleman County Supercell and Bow Echoe all on the same night. Corpus Christi was a good storm and the relax after on the beach for 3 days were nice, I think we were lucky with the start of May and this will be the 2nd Straight below par May on the trot, so next year cannot be missed.

Paul S

hey paul dude, where are all the videos you guys captured, haven't you published them on here yet?

Posted

I will upload some great Video clips soon, have got to edit 90 minute tapes in Windows Movie Maker, will upload the Lightning bolt that landed and exploded on impact and also the Brownwood Bow Echo, also will upload the Coalgate with Tornado Sirens, have got so much to edit but it will all appear on this US Storm Chase Thread soon.

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

welcomes homes u braves lads!!!! u is our weather hero's

:angry::D

I will upload some great Video clips soon, have got to edit 90 minute tapes in Windows Movie Maker, will upload the Lightning bolt that landed and exploded on impact and also the Brownwood Bow Echo, also will upload the Coalgate with Tornado Sirens, have got so much to edit but it will all appear on this US Storm Chase Thread soon.

Paul S

cheers, can't wait.

Posted

Thankyou all for the welcome back i am completely shatterd.I got back too rugby at 12:50pm and still not been to bed.I have now been up for over 30 hours and like Paul has said we will upload video footage and i have more pictures to share with you guy's that i have not shown you all yet.I have 4 tapes of footage i need to go through and sort out.Like paul has said the bear cage footage is awsome and the colgate siren.I have also had media pester me for some pictures for tuesday's paper.I would recomend going to the U.S to anybody even if there is down day's.

Posted

welcome home chaps!! ;)

hope you all feel better after a good nights shut eye..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Welcome home guys - you must have lived your dream out there, i know i would have done ;)

Cannot wait for the video's - should provide us all with some great viewing.

Here's to you all :lol: