Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North American Weather (U.S.A & Canada)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Yeah I hear ya - we have 5-10cm of snow forecast here tonight/tomorrow. Wait til June, worst month here in the year by far every year - at least 2 weeks of persistant gloomy cold rain.

At least we might have some nice weather in September lol

I hear the UK is nice this time of year,,might have to think about emigrating!

Posted

I hear the UK is nice this time of year,,might have to think about emigrating!

Sounds like it isn't nice at the moment, unless you're a duck!

Posted

Currently 0 degrees out, feels like minus 8 in the windchill, flurries, 10cm of snow on Monday...winter doesn't quite want to be put to bed yet.

Posted

We had about 4-5 hours of really heavy snow yesterday morning but it was so wet and had been raining all night that it only stuck on the grass and then melted within an hour or so once the sun came out

Awesome avatar pic oldboy

Posted

We had about 4-5 hours of really heavy snow yesterday morning but it was so wet and had been raining all night that it only stuck on the grass and then melted within an hour or so once the sun came out

Awesome avatar pic oldboy

Thanks, I think every other person here has taken this shot, probably the most photographed icebergs in St Johns ever lol. The one at the back is the one the 2 crazy guys climbed and jumped off (though it was bigger when they did it, my photograph is a few days after and the berg had split and rolled I think), the berg at the front has split into two. Got a bigger pic here

It snowed here basically all day yesterday with endless showers being blown through on a cold NE breeze, some big wet flakes though only ever some temporary dustings, ground too warm and never heavy for very long.Then we had a bit of freezing rain last night and more flurries this morning, changed to rain now and a balmy 2 degrees out, feels more like January than May this week.

Edited by glosteroldboy

Posted

21c and wall to wall sunshine here next weekPosted Image probably means it will be snowingPosted Image

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

21c and wall to wall sunshine here next weekPosted Image probably means it will be snowingPosted Image

there you go....here we are and its snowing heavily yet again!

Posted

there you go....here we are and its snowing heavily yet again!

Lol it looks like you've got a sunny week on the cards. Haven't seen the sun for a week now and looks a simular forecast for this week maybe a few glimpses of sun. Could barely see down the road over weekend been really caked in fog last few days the airport was on a virtual shutdown at times, know someone who was meant to fly back from Halifax on Friday, they flew here 3 times in total over weekend and had to go fly back to Halifax 3 times cause it was impossible to land! Finally landed yesterday afternoon at an airport 400km away from St Johns lol. The fog seems to have finally lifted this morning,not sure for how long though!

Edited by glosteroldboy

Posted

shall be nice and sunny today..23/24c this afternoon..then back to 5/6c on Thursday before turning nice again for the weekend.

Posted

I was in calgary on Saturday having driven from Canmore. It was raining heavily all the way from Canmore to Cochrane and then it turned to snow and by the time I got to east calgary it snowed for 6 hours and we had about 10cm's of snow on the grass and cars by 12 and by the time I left at 6pm it was all but melted. 20oC yesterday here in Canmore - it was awesome cycling all around the trails in the woods

Posted

Today will be the third warm day in a row, the first time I think that has happened in 2012. Anyway the trees are finally more or less all the way out now but that has to be at least two weeks later than average. Dry front coming through later, a sure sign that the NW storm chase is underway (they have the shields up to conserve energy for South Dakota).

Posted

It's not bad here today, 10 degrees and the sun trying to break through the cloud cover. May so for though and for the forseeable well down on most of April though that was well above the norm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Posted

I would wager it was a very mild winter across much of Canada as well...i can only speak for Edmonton as i have only been in Calgary for a month or so..but there it has been well above normal every month since July.

Posted

Yes, second mildest winter on record in many parts of eastern and central North America, just near average in the Pacific northwest and southern B.C. ... a wedge of mild extended north into the southern Yukon and southern NWT but it was a colder than normal winter in two zones, Alaska and parts of the Great Basin (notably NV-UT-nAZ) due mainly to an exceptionally cold first half of winter in both cases, that faded out towards February.

All months Dec to Mar were top ten in long periods of record in most places east of the Rockies, including a March that basically tied the warmest on record (1945). The trend began to weaken in late April, would not say it has reversed but anomalies have been generally close to normal with some spells in the negative 5 to 10 F range. The pattern is not exceptionally warm anywhere at present, and has been rather cool for mid-May in Texas (in particular west Texas extending west into Mexico, southern New Mexico and southeast Arizona) -- some places have seen daily anomalies as much as 15-20 F deg below normal due to cloud and chilly northeast winds. That's why the storm chasers went so far south to find the polar front south of San Antonio.

Posted

I think is the hottest day of the year so far here today, just anyway around 21 degrees, only forecast to be around 17 but as often is the case they seem to underestimate it by 3 or 4 degrees why is this? Tomorrow forecast to be a touch warmer around 19 so probably be 22/23 degrees!

Posted

Reached 27c here today..days like this i miss the air conditioning i had in my house In Edmonton that i dont have in CalgaryPosted Image

Posted

26oC here in Canmore - stunning. Golf and then beers on the deck - perfect. No worries about air con here it gets cold at night even after the warmest summer day which is fine by me. Snow on Friday? hmmm we'll see :-(

Posted

26oC here in Canmore - stunning. Golf and then beers on the deck - perfect. No worries about air con here it gets cold at night even after the warmest summer day which is fine by me. Snow on Friday? hmmm we'll see :-(

23 degrees here today certainly the warmest day of the year, well up on the UK at the moment, lucky to see it much higher than that in July/August. It doesn't look to bad for the holiday weekend, basically dry and sunny though not as warm as past couple of days around 14/15 degrees I think, don't think I'd like to see the snow now that you're forecast.

Edited by glosteroldboy

Posted

See accuweather are predicting a hot dry summer across the prairies..warm and wet across eastern Canada

Posted

That will do very nicely...although in 8 years and a few 'predictions' from the experts I have never know a long hot dry summer. Usually its 1 good week in May then a rainy June then July warms up with maybe a week of hot weather then August is in different and is a bit rainy, september is nice enough but not overly warm then back to snow in October.

We'll wait and see and keep everything crossed

Posted

El Scorchio in St Johns at the moment, I'm sure Newfoundland springs aren't meant to be like this, rain drizzle and fog I was expecting but we had a gloriously dry and sunny May 24th weekend (though not overly warm but still very pleasant)but the record May high is under threat today, which admittedly is a relatively paltry 24.8 degrees but is all ready touching 23 degrees around midday. Must purchase some sunscreen!

Edit: 26 degrees now at 2:20pm and still maybe not peaked.

Edited by glosteroldboy
  • Like 1

Posted

Peaked at 27.2 yesterday on the weather station I was checking, EC reporting a high of 26.4.

I think might be a May record (not to far behind the June record) though haven't read any official confirmation yet. Of course couldn't last, cloudy today and rain later but still warmish, tomorrow looks a bit of dip back into single digits but is only a minor blip, looks sunny and warmer again into the weekend. Shaping up to be a pretty mild and dry spring,

Edited by glosteroldboy

Posted

We had a decent long weekend dry mostly sunny temps about average..yesterday started nice..finished with a multitude of storms that rumbled through the city from about 4-10pm...looking fairly unsettled and cool for the next 5-7 days

Posted

I would stick my neck out and say cool and unsettled for the next 4 weeks, as per usual june weather