Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Solar Eclipse - from Saturn

frogesque

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Wow indeed. I grew up in a time with Artists airbrushing that kind of thing onto LP sleeves, now Scientists are taking snapshots of the real thing!!! I'm growing old.........

Posted

I have to say that is an amazing picture. Its almost surreal. You know that it is a real photo but part of you cant believe that it is. Its a photo taken millions of miles away from the earth and potrays Saturn in such beauty.

But the image that gets me most is of earth. That everything contained on earth: cultures, religions, people, animals. Are nothing more than a few pixels accross at this scale.

PIA08324_fig1.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
I have to say that is an amazing picture. Its almost surreal. You know that it is a real photo but part of you cant believe that it is. Its a photo taken millions of miles away from the earth and potrays Saturn in such beauty.

But the image that gets me most is of earth. That everything contained on earth: cultures, religions, people, animals. Are nothing more than a few pixels accross at this scale.

PIA08324_fig1.jpg

Blows you away it does... you can even see the blur of the Moon on that zoomed in image. Puts a scale on things it really does.

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Wow, now that IS stunning, I have decided to copy Mick and use it as my Desktop wallpaper :( .

Posted

Glad you all enjoyed :( The reality of space never ceases to bring a sense of wonder and awe and it really brings home how tiny and insignificant we are.