Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November Photo Competition

Posted

I second that emotion. Fabulous colours in the sky, cjefferz. Must have been hard getting those pictures without fireworks spoiling them ;)

Posted

OK, my three entries - all from November 4. A little experiment with my small Canon G6 set on the ground below the rocket tube with the full moon in the bottom of the frame, then set to self timer while I scarpered! I can report that the camera is recovering well, if a little singed round the gills. :whistling:

As I mentioned on the Guy Fawkes thread in the photography area, that is my brother in law lighting the fuse. The match acted like a mini-flashgun to freeze him in the frame while the long exposure caught the fuse starting to fizz.

post-2999-1163327170_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1163327227_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1163327193.jpg

Edited by Blackie

Posted

wow cool mate love the second one looks fantastic well worth the singed camera lol

OK, my three entries - all from November 4. A little experiment with my small Canon G6 set on the ground below the rocket tube with the full moon in the bottom of the frame, then set to self timer while I scarpered! I can report that the camera is recovering well, if a little singed round the gills. :whistling:

As I mentioned on the Guy Fawkes thread in the photography area, that is my brother in law lighting the fuse. The match acted like a mini-flashgun to freeze him in the frame while the long exposure caught the fuse starting to fizz.

post-2999-1163327170_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1163327227_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1163327193.jpg

Posted
I second that emotion. Fabulous colours in the sky, cjefferz. Must have been hard getting those pictures without fireworks spoiling them :D

That second pic is amazing great work mate!

OK, my three entries - all from November 4. A little experiment with my small Canon G6 set on the ground below the rocket tube with the full moon in the bottom of the frame, then set to self timer while I scarpered! I can report that the camera is recovering well, if a little singed round the gills. :lol:

DOH i replyed the wrong message lol!! That second pic kicks ass mate! love it

Posted
That second pic is amazing great work mate!

DOH i replyed the wrong message lol!! That second pic kicks ass mate! love it

:lol: Gawsh, thanks.

Never tried that before and I was very pleasantly surprised by the results, especially as I wasn't using a tripod and just balanced the camera on the ground. I love your firework pics on the Guy Fawkes thread, and the self portrait(s) of you is amazing.

Posted

Or you could wait until the end of the month and declare your best three for entry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
My final one for this month...if I take any more good ones, I'll fiddle the date and enter them some other time.

post-717-1163500209.jpg

What and excellent pic OON

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Heres my go

post-635-1163880355.jpg

post-635-1163880382_thumb.jpg

post-635-1163880406_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

I couldn't resist this one, the light was that good today - Autumn can be a very bright season...

IMG_0051-1.JPG

DS

Posted

OK - explanation time. Yesterday I posted a picture of a squirrel that looked OK to me from where I was sitting. Then I looked at it from my work monitor and it looked way over exposed. It turns out that my home monitor is beginning to show its age and isn't as bright as it used to be (happens to all of us eventually). I have therefore deleted that post and am reposting the same image before I over-exposed it in post processing. I hope this is OK..

IMG_0036-2.jpg

DS

Posted

I was hoping to get a few more shots this month but my camera's packed up and is now if for repair :( so here are a couple of snaps from earlier this month, the calm foggy weather kinda seems out of place now.

post-2254-1164223043_thumb.jpg

post-2254-1164223083.jpg