Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 25th November Onwards

wallopweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

9.57am thunderstorm directly overhead, very bright flash of lightning with lazy rumble of thunder. Storm showing nicely on Blitzortung.org

10.16am Update: very dark with very heavy rain, also just seen a very nice cloud to cloud fork of lightning.

Edited by wallopweather

Posted

Two very loud cracks of thunder here about 10 minutes ago accompanied with torrential rain, gusty winds and some hail, just for extra measure. Big flash of lightening and loud bang just now. Must be very close as only about a half a second apart...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Very heavy downpours here, and the first big flash and rumble of lightening in Plymouth. :D

Posted

I'm going to start this thread as yet another 2006 Autumn area of storms is making it's way into the southwest again. I can't ever remember seeing so many storm events in the southwest in October/November as 2006.

This area is approaching The Bristol area now, no lightning visible yet but a new cell has developed before the main area which has just arrived. I'd expect the main thundery event providing it doesn't die out to arrive within an hour or so.

Posted

Nasty cell overhead right now - so far only numerous IC strikes. with accopanying heavy rain, loud thunder, and convective gusts. (incedentally, something strong and electric appears to be cornwall bound from the atlantic at the moment - keep an eye out! B)

Posted

Just seen my first flaDoh a dumb swear filter got the better of me Seems to be picking up a bit from the radar images. I thought the land might kill it. Going outside to watch it come in.

Posted

yep been watching distance lightning for a good 1hour and half mainly cc lighting up the cloud tops and some distant thunder some heavy squally showers with some high wind gusts

Posted

Yup as if by cue! Just been woken by a cracking huge rumble of thunder - lovely alarm clock and im so spoilt TWO days in a row!! B) B)

Posted

Torrential rain, thunder, lightening and the most amazing rainbow I have seen in years. Fantastic sight!!!! Better than the summer this is!!

Posted

Woken by thunder, lightning again then loud thunder, heavy rain to go with it, some hail mixed in, gusty too.

Cleared off now, mostly cloudy and calm, 9.1c.

Posted

Heavy rain at the moment - had some thunder and lightning on and off this morning, the most recent approx 45 mins ago.

Posted

vivid flash, very loud thunder.best this year, strange.

vivid flash, very loud thunder.best this year, strange.

had a covering of hail,followed by monsoon like rain, garden flooded.more close CtoG.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Lots of heavy rain around this morning, wife woken at 5am by very heavy rain, some thunder and lightning at 10.35am only lasted about 20 minutes. Cloud broke for a while at around 11.30am but had a rash of very heavy thundery showers since.

Thunder and lightning also mentioned on spirefm this morning, the local radio station for Salisbury, caused them a few broadcast problems for a short while.

Edited by wallopweather