Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen
IGNORED

Storm Reports 11th February onwards

Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds. HATE:stagnant weather patterns

At around 1am this morning, a weak thunderstorm moved in. Lightning was about once strike a minute and the storm lasted about 10 minutes. Thunder was pretty quiet, so somewhere else near me must have got the storm proper. The rain was quite heavy for a time.

Anyone else had a thunderstorm??

• Replies 8
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    Posted

Between 04-45 and 04-55 there were 2 claps of thunder c/w heavy rain (Uxbridge Middlesex)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

At 4.40am there was a strange long but loud rumble, like a lorry or plane. This was followed 5 or so mins later by a blinding flash, just one, I was standing in the dark in my bathroom with the curtains open, but not looking out of the window and it was like someone had taken a flash photo right in front of my eyes. This was followed by one enormous crack of thunder, then heavy rain.

Posted
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides

8 am thismorning Thunderstorm with hail and a 60 mph gust, quite spectacular for February

Posted

Was my partner dreaming or did he hear thunder this morning???

I woke up and he said that he thought he heard thunder about 5.50am this morning!!!

Only thing is he's a gardener and didn't think we could get thunder in the winter???

Any ideas, we're in the Derby area, smack bang in the middle of the country!!!

I reccon he was dreaming it or the booze from last night hadn't worn off by then ;);):D

Posted

Well Torz, there was a strike recorded (looking on Wetterzentrale's detector for today) early this morning quite a way North of London. They don't always pick up everything that happens.

When I saw your name I got excited thinking you were reporting something from Gloucestershire, then I realised you don't live there now :D .

Posted

Thunderstorm just to the North of Southend at 1245pm yesterday, quite a few Hail showers around yesterday as well. Good start to 2007

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not sure if i heard a rumble of thunder at Hagley, Worcestershire yesterday.

Archived