Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Surge Flooding

Diane_W

Posted

I'm looking out of my window at a very rough North Sea, and even though the high tide

here was at 10.20am amazingly in doesn't seem to have subsided much at all.

The next high tide is around 10pm tonight, and if this strong north wind continues

the possibility of a storm surge must become quite high.

So if your living like me near the east coast start taking your valuables upstairs.

By valuables I mean the telly, and wine.

I've attached a poor photograph I took about an hour ago, wee bit windy so a fair bit of camera shake.

Edited by Diane_W

Posted

see our Front Page and also the comment and link from Paul about this situation. If you are in the areas then do listen to your local warnings authority.

John

Posted
I'm looking out of my window at a very rough North Sea, and even though the high tide

here was at 10.20am amazingly in doesn't seem to have subsided much at all.

The next high tide is around 10pm tonight, and if this strong north wind continues

the possibility of a storm surge must become quite high.

So if your living like me near the east coast start taking your valuables upstairs.

By valuables I mean the telly, and wine.

I've attached a poor photograph I took about an hour ago, wee bit windy so a fair bit of camera shake.

There's an article on the BBC website about evacuations of some coastal homes in Norfolk Diane. Lots of Fllod warnings and Alerts on the Environment agency site too.

Posted
There's an article on the BBC website about evacuations of some coastal homes in Norfolk Diane. Lots of Fllod warnings and Alerts on the Environment agency site too.

Yes I've seen the reports on the BBC, and our local radio stations are keeping everyone informed of the latest situation.

An Environment Agency spokesman just gave out a statement on all the local stations that they wouldn't know about

the possible storm surge coming until later this evening.

It's also hammering down with rain and sleet, which won't help.

Edited by Diane_W