Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Now another tax on emptying your bins

Posted

General consensus down the Pub last night was that out of the 6 of us, 4 didn't have a clue what was recyclable or not, 1 was hyper-cluedup and even he was confused about the council's criteria of what can & can't be thrown in our new superduper bins. The other 1 (ahem....me :lol: ) has virtually given up & just throws the lot in the fireplace or has a regular bonfire in the garden.

However, amongst us all, burning it was the most popular way forward. I'm sure this was not what the Council had in mind when their Enviro' Guru took over.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well what they'll do next is the Bonfire Tax. One Bonfire £10 Two Bonfires £30 etc

Posted
Well what they'll do next is the Bonfire Tax. One Bonfire £10 Two Bonfires £30 etc

Just think of the council profits in November.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Looks like they're deciding that fortnightly collections isn't do much good so now they're onto the smaller bin size. I still think they need to look at the source of all this extra rubbish which is mainly packaging.

Anyway the days of the regular Bonfire are getting closer plus an increase in fly tipping from those dubious people.

Posted
I still think they need to look at the source of all this extra rubbish which is mainly packaging.

Absolutely! (I hate that word!)

Nip the damned problem in the bud. Tackle the cause rather than the symptoms. Tax manufacturers on the amount of packaging they produce. That will make the prices go up then hopefully consumers will stop buying the stuff which is heavily packaged. :)

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Nip the damned problem in the bud. Tackle the cause rather than the symptoms. Tax manufacturers on the amount of packaging they produce. That will make the prices go up then hopefully consumers will stop buying the stuff which is heavily packaged. :)

Well said noggin, I concur with this.

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Carbon emissions aside, I love a big bonfire, can't beat em apart from stubble burning; I know it was bad for the environment but I loved the drama of it when I was a kid. Anyone else miss it?

Posted
People should be doing their bit too by not buying so much awful processed food and ready meals and buy more raw food instead. Not only does it cut down on waste but it's also far cheaper and healthier as well.

Eye and stop buying that huge Pizza that could feed ten when it's for one. One huge box for the bin and half a Pizza to rot away.