Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

storm reports 31st of may and 1st of June

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I herd thunder twice in the Channel to my SE just over 1 hour ago. The radars don't show it but It couldn't have been a plane, unless it was running rough and the pilot was turning the engine on and off and up and down, plus I felt the vibration :rolleyes:

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
I herd thunder twice in the Channel to my SE just over 1 hour ago. The radars don't show it but It couldn't have been a plane, unless it was running rough and the pilot was turning the engine on and off and up and down, plus I felt the vibration :rolleyes:

Russ

Looking at Blitzortung, I think some action is brewing in the channel south of East Sussex right now. Correction. Further East, off the Kent coast.

Edited by Cliffyboy1962

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Looking at Blitzortung, I think some action is brewing in the channel south of East Sussex right now. Correction. Further East, off the Kent coast.

Oh good, I am almost certain it was thunder.

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Russ.

Posted
Oh good, I am almost certain it was thunder.

Good luck. ;)

Russ.

I have just come back from beachy head (couldn't resist it) I left at 00 .10 am and saw flashes on my way there always in front of me. About 1 every 5 minutes for half an hour. Got there and waited.... and waited.... and....half an hour went by and absolutely nothing except 5 mins later the torrential rain began. After 25 mins my wife called me and said she had seen a flash from Henfield. I set off for home, rain still intense when.. Flash !! big bright explosion to my right. Stopped, rolled down my window and heard a long peel of thunder about 5 secs after the flash.

Seen nothing since then, all the way home.

Posted

Had 3 heavy showers, all within about 3 hours of each other yesterday. The first produced thunder twice while I was at work, although the second shower was by far the most intense (about 4:30pm). These showers all produced a lot of scud and even wall clouds (i think) at one point.

Daz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Some Thunder/lightening and very heavy rain for 15 mins here, seems to be passing now.

I could see a big CB over towards Rhyl/Rhuddlan way about that time yesterday. Didn't see any lightning but the structure was nice.

Posted

Was a small storm with lightning and heavy rain here yesterday (31'st of may) between 4 and half 4 in the afternoon, although several other heavy showers passed through later on causing my strike alert to light up I did not see any further lightning after that.

Who would have thought that wandering around Zangamarsh all day would cause the climate there to make its way to my front door (or back door, rather. It being south west facing) how ironic.