Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 17th-18th July 2007

Stuart

Posted

Appears I do not know what day of the month it is, and rather stupidly posted in the old thread by mistake :pardon: My apologies!

Anyway, shall repost report here:

Had around 6 flashes of lightning, which started around 4am. Some were very frequent, but I wouldn't call it particularly powerful. It was quite distant, and I could still see flashes with no thunder until 5:45 or thereabouts.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

First crack of thunder here today (10:05am) from a nice big fat storm cloud with plenty of heavy ppn.

Posted

Very sharp thunderstorm passing quickly here at 11.15 am

11.20am - nearby cloud to ground lightning took out the power for about 1 minute.

Now restored, hence this post

Lots of cb anvils all around with some very large CB to my south towards Uttoxeter.

Distant thunder still rumbling

Posted

Been thundering for about 30 minutes; long rumbles and heavy rain.

(According to the 'flash... one thousand, two thousand... rumble' scale, it's about 4 miles away.)

Posted

Can confirm, Lady Penelope - some quite loud bursts of thunder now - cloud building in all directions - Southport.

Posted

Nice little storm just passed over. Torrential rain with plenty of CG and thunder.

More to come by the look of things too.

Edited by Greyowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Had quite a violent storm before, lightning strikes at a rate of 1 every 15-30 seconds with overhead strikes and very loud thunder. It was very entertaining indeed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Thunder and lightning storms here in Dublin.

This is the best summer ever

Posted

Theres a storm building here now and is just moving in on me, rain has just begun and the wind has picked up big time.

There has already been several loud rumbles and several visible flashes from this cloud now, if this is any indication then something more severe could well develop later..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Plenty of ingrediants to think one is imminent..black and grey skies, and the wind has picked up alot making it feel like a fron coming through....but alas nothing here yet !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter with white fields and black roads

Moderate T/storm in Kirkham 8 miles SE of Blackpool. Back in Blackpool now and can still here the rumbles.

Posted

Second storm of the day here. A lot more CG this time. There seem to be a number of seperate anvils around mainly to my south.

Posted

Hi,

Nasty little storm passed through Grimsby about half hour ago. Plenty of Forks/Loud cracks and very heavy rain. Lasted about 15-25mins. Storm now rumbling out to sea...........starting to warm up again now.

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

great storm just passed over york, frequent lightning with triple forked flashes included, alot of loud long thunder, i filmed it with my cam so will put a link to the video later, meanwhile enjoy the rest of the storms :D

Posted

I've just had 3....yes 3 T-storms pass overhead. There like busses cos you dont get any then they all come at once (not that im complaining!).

SHU

p.s do the reports that are posted here go into the storm league?

Posted

Near miss for Norwich, large storm just passed to the North-West of the city heading North-East towards the sea.

Posted

Cell moved very close to Durham City in the last 30-40 mins. Huge bolt of lightning struck a building in Durham City....sadly, the cell is died just as it started to get going. Rain has never really got past the moderate-heavy stage. The storm-shield has been trying to kill it off since it arrived...but technically that is a breach, I think (albeit not really counting as an overhead storm).