Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fresh Flooding Reports 26th July 2007

Posted

I hope it's ok to start this thread mods, as i needed to mention the flooding that has returned to my area. around Bedworth some of the flooded roads on friday have reflooded to about half as much depth!!! Some of the roads into bedworth are flooded some 6 " deep, and the worrying news is that all this water will now drain from here, via the river sowe, into the river avon, to the place that needs it the least, and what with sundays possible event, this flooding will only make worse an already disasterous situation! Keep safe all!

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Fresh problems in Herefordshire again.

Flash flooding closes roads again

Heavy rain is again causing flash flooding in Herefordshire with the M50 partly under water.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/herefor...rcs/6917257.stm

Posted
...anything on glos

Gloucestershire...

There are reports of flooding in several locations this afternoon across the county.

Torrential rain is causing problems on the A40 at Over, and on several roads in the Forest of Dean.....

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/dis...;pNodeId=231776

Posted
Gloucestershire...

There are reports of flooding in several locations this afternoon across the county.

Torrential rain is causing problems on the A40 at Over, and on several roads in the Forest of Dean.....

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/dis...;pNodeId=231776

what is happening....Sunday "might" be bad as well...Jane Louise mentioned some parts were flooded

Prestbury high street flooded..and a few roads aorund chelt

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Morning everyone

Hope all of you with the water problems and flooding are coping ok?

Now our water has run out this morning! B)

Take care all

Jane

Posted

River levels back up here again this morning after another 40mm of rain yesterday, nowhere near as high as it was last week though.

Posted

better get some water soon in these bowsers..or its going to be a riot...bowsers empty everywhere

Jane you now losing water

If people used there common sense and made a watering butt,none of this would of happened..Not once have I been to a bowser yet..seems to be alot of selfish

thick people around..sorry but they have just made it worse the situation here.

People filling massive drums up with water from bowsers...not thinking of the the families,or infirm...need shooting

we had a few floods around yesterday and sunday might bring more..

If I wonted to use the bowser I cant anyway its dry..Thankfully I dont to need yet

Edited by dogs32

Posted
better get some water soon in these bowsers..or its going to be a riot...bowsers empty everywhere

Jane you now losing water

If people used there common sense and made a watering butt,none of this would of happened..Not once have I been to a bowser yet..seems to be alot of selfish

thick people around..sorry but they have just made it worse the situation here.

People filling massive drums up with water from bowsers...not thinking of the the families,or infirm...need shooting

we had a few floods around yesterday and sunday might bring more..

If I wonted to use the bowser I cant anyway its dry..Thankfully I dont to need yet

Hi dogs,

Yes! we are without water now. :( I was helping everybody out as much as I could,but now ours has gone,I have done loads of hand washing for my daughter and now it's started raining again,indoors looks like a chinese laundry.How selfish that people are being very greedy with the water from the bowsers! we are going out this afternoon to see if we can find any water somewhere,we do have a golf course near us that should be providing some,will let you know later if we come across any full bowsers.Did you read on the gloucestershire news website about those conmen( who say they are from the water board?) knocking on OAPS doors and stealing there money!how bad is that?it's disgusting..I am not answering my door at all today unless I know I'm expecting anybody.

Posted

Hi Jane didnt hear about that...strange why you lose your water now..

Kids have been peeing in the bowsers as well...yes ...and putting bleach in some of them....but most are empty...

Im not worried at the moment got plenty of rain water...

They say it might be bad Sunday....I wish we had some summer again..good luck finding a full up tank :(

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well the families of those kids should be made to drink it. Disgusting scum.

It sounds like the army is needed and a curfew to be honest. The Government won't go for that as it's to unPC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Well the families of those kids should be made to drink it. Disgusting scum.

It sounds like the army is needed and a curfew to be honest. The Government won't go for that as it's to unPC.

I'm normally accused of being a hand-wringing leftie, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Ridiculous situation - can't police or community support officers be put on the beat in the area round the bowsers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Ridiculous situation - can't police or community support officers be put on the beat in the area round the bowsers?

The Police are handing out Water Bottles which is the reason why they're not doing much about it. Plus it's easier sit behind the desk when not handing out drinks.

The whole thing is poorly managed and the canisters should be guarded. When the Beeb Television crew caught the Asian Gentleman and Lady filling the car boot up with 30 or so medium size carriers they should have removed some and handed them out. Then showed the number plate of the car to disgrace the greedy selfish person with his address as well.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
I'm normally accused of being a hand-wringing leftie, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Ridiculous situation - can't police or community support officers be put on the beat in the area round the bowsers?

Police over stretched....but police patrol at night quite a few around....no good speeding at the moment..

Just saw a Army lorrie nearly shedding its load of water....thousands of bottles nearly fallen off....police call sealing off road...Instead of sorting out the load

there are giving the water out...Coronation square chelt

Check out the Modal Out put thread....

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Hi Jane didnt hear about that...strange why you lose your water now..

Kids have been peeing in the bowsers as well...yes ...and putting bleach in some of them....but most are empty...

Im not worried at the moment got plenty of rain water...

They say it might be bad Sunday....I wish we had some summer again..good luck finding a full up tank :doh:

People like that make me sick. Just send them to boot camp, as you say.

Btw....are you using a water-filter for your rainwater or are you just boiling it?

Posted

expect an Alert from Net Wx early this evening, not looking anything other than bad for the flooded areas.

Posted

Just got back from seeing my daughter! She said she went up to the shops in Princess Elizabeth way and it was really scary, the Army were up there trying to stop everybody fighting over the water,how ridiculous is that...I told her not to go up there again and to stay well away! We stopped off at Tredington school on the way home to fill some water from a bowser and it was empty.We had another delivery of 6 bottles of drinking water this morning,I think this is due to us living in the countryside.

expect an Alert from Net Wx early this evening, not looking anything other than bad for the flooded areas.

Thank you John

That certainly does not sound good!

Posted

that sounds not good....PP I use the water for toilet :doh: ....but if I run out Ill drink it if I have to...water is gold here

Edited by dogs32

Posted
that sounds not good....PP I use the water for toilet :doh: ....but if I run out Ill drink it if I have to...water is gold here

Well....boil first of course.

Posted

Hi all,

We decided to take our dog out for a walk down towards Apperley ,Glos.We take the dog there regulary and due to being a dry pleasant day we thought we'd pop down there this afternoon. When we got to our field we came across these floods,of course we never got to take the dog in there,so went up to the farm where we normally take our caravan and overlooking the top of the hill on the farm, we also took some pics of the flooding of the river Severn.

Jane

Posted
Hi all,

We decided to take our dog out for a walk down to wards Apperley ,Glos.We take the dog there regularly and due to being a dry pleasant day we thought we'd pop down there this afternoon. When we got to our field we came across these floods,of course we never got to take the dog in there,so went up to the farm where we normally take our caravan and overlooking the top of the hill on the farm, we also took some pics of the flooding of the river Severn.

Jane

thanks for the photos Jane hope you are ready for the next load of rain building itself up over Ireland

Posted
thanks for the photos Jane hope you are ready for the next load of rain building itself up over Ireland

Thank you tinybill :lol:

I am defanitely ready for the next band of rain coming over and will defanitely be watching the radar this evening. Hope it isen't too heavy or persistant!

Posted

good pics Jane...

Police say no travelling through out glos tonight...just in case....there re inforcing the Waltham station

suppose to go to Hereford tomorrow...looks though I might postpone

Edited by dogs32

Posted
good pics Jane...

Police say no travelling through out glos tonight...just in case....there re inforcing the Waltham station

suppose to go to Hereford tomorrow...looks though I might postpone

Thank you dogs,

I think I will stay home tonight lol.I do hope they manage to re inforce the station,I need my internet to track the radar lol, just thinking about having no water and electricity is very worrying.

Let's hope you manage to get to Hereford at some point,or you may have to swim there,with this rain coming over lol.Hopefully Monday will be fine to travel there providing we aren't flooded again.

Edited by Jane Louise