Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fresh Flooding Reports 26th July 2007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Jane dont worry though...they have said this as a safety advice I gather...I wont go to Hereford though just in case

Hi ya dogs ,let's hope it wont be as bad as they say! Don't chance Hereford until you are defanitely sure it will be okay! If you do go ,take great care as there are still some places and roads flooded that we don't even know about.

Posted

Yea the roads I take go through Dimmock....on to 2 trumpets pub....All that way was hit bad...I keep thinking Ill be Ok....My friend lost His car there last week

was rescued by the fire service.....I will give him a ring see if he knows anything..over all I think I will give it a miss....they say flood water rises quickly

in the country side.On the radar it should be raining in your area very shortly..Keep us posted if you heare any flash floods or warning....Ill do like wise

Just sarted here the rain

Sky looks thundery looking

Edited by dogs32

Posted

my latest thoughts are that flooding is probably unlikely although some slight rise in river levels will occur. Doing another blog shortly.

Posted

Well we have water finally yay, early this morning.

The water is like a milky colour, also has this sorta weird smell, but its nice to have water back to flush loos and wash clothes, just cant drink or wash up in it, for another 2weeks maybe, which is a bit :blink: but thats life!

Has anyone else got there water back?

Hopefully they will be giving water out normally still, least the weather is improving though, might get a late summer with any luck (but i doubt it)

Posted
Well we have water finally yay, early this morning.

The water is like a milky colour, also has this sorta weird smell, but its nice to have water back to flush loos and wash clothes, just cant drink or wash up in it, for another 2weeks maybe, which is a bit :rofl: but thats life!

Has anyone else got there water back?

Hopefully they will be giving water out normally still, least the weather is improving though, might get a late summer with any luck (but i doubt it)

summer what area are you in,we still dont have water here

Posted

Hi Jane,

Managed to wash my hair yesterday!!!!!!...keep finding too many bowsers empty...yesterday was lucky found enough water to wash my haIR ..what

a luxury..lol...Have no water here for a very long time now,lost how many days its been...got enough rain water for toilet,should last aweek.

Charlton Kings,Bishops Cleave,Brockworth,parts of Tewksbury,Leckampton and parts of gloucester have water....but not here yet....Ive forgotten

what a bath feels like :rofl:

Posted
Hi Jane,

Managed to wash my hair yesterday!!!!!!...keep finding too many bowsers empty...yesterday was lucky found enough water to wash my haIR ..what

a luxury..lol...Have no water here for a very long time now,lost how many days its been...got enough rain water for toilet,should last aweek.

Charlton Kings,Bishops Cleave,Brockworth,parts of Tewksbury,Leckampton and parts of gloucester have water....but not here yet....Ive forgotten

what a bath feels like :lol:

Hi dogs,

Dosen't it feel great just to wash your hair? :) We have been filling up with water from Tredington School bowser. I want a shower :( and a bath! :( We also just have enough rain water left for dishes and toilet,I think we all have to wait 2 weeks yet before we have drinking water from the taps.Not a drop of water here, except rain water and fresh drinking bottled water.

I agree, what is a bath. :rofl: ..oh! I need a bath lol. I'm so glad we have this gorgeous sunny weather,but after being out in it ,I just want a shower after.ooh,we can't win can we!

Posted

Hey guys,

Does anyone know when hatherly in cheltenham is coming back on cos i've heard mixed reports that it will come back in the next 24 hours and i have heard that we wont get water until sunday. :rofl: Does anyone actually know?

Btw, we were one of the last off (wednesday) and i dont know if that will make any difference?

Posted
Hey guys,

Does anyone know when hatherly in cheltenham is coming back on cos i've heard mixed reports that it will come back in the next 24 hours and i have heard that we wont get water until sunday. :doh: Does anyone actually know?

Btw, we were one of the last off (wednesday) and i dont know if that will make any difference?

Hi there deepshaow,

I think your water will be connected sometime today! Our water was meant to be due on yesterday,but no sign of it yet! We only lost our water last Friday, so looks like we will be the last to have our water resumed too.

Jane :)

Posted
Hey guys,

Does anyone know when hatherly in cheltenham is coming back on cos i've heard mixed reports that it will come back in the next 24 hours and i have heard that we wont get water until sunday. :doh: Does anyone actually know?

Luke you were lucky you were the last off..lol...I or we here were one off the first to lose it..and we still havent got it... :):)

If I dont have water soon Im going down to pittville lake to take a swim

ps Luke did a good job on your site

Edited by dogs32

Posted

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss........I had my first bath for nearly 2 weeks.........cant drink the water thoughh for another 2 weeks :)

Posted

glad you all now seem to be less smelly, and hope you can all soon return to normal with drinking water.

A pretty awful time and even worse for many from what we have all read.

Its hard to imagine not being able to get in your own home for many months. By the sound of it a lot will be spending their Christmas away from home and not because they want to.

Even round here there are families in caravans in their gardens and that is home until sometime next year.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
glad you all now seem to be less smelly, and hope you can all soon return to normal with drinking water.

A pretty awful time and even worse for many from what we have all read.

Its hard to imagine not being able to get in your own home for many months. By the sound of it a lot will be spending their Christmas away from home and not because they want to.

Even round here there are families in caravans in their gardens and that is home until sometime next year.

Yup third world shanty towns here we come.

Posted

At last! Our water is back on now, although only to be used for showering, bathing,washing clothes and for flushing the toilet.I can't wait to have a shower,I've been so busy babysitting that I haven't had time yet lol.

So glad you managed to have your bath dogs...I bet it was a luxury lol ;)

Posted

Thanks John..I longer do not smell,,,,lol..

Jane its was heaven!!!! I just laid there for ages.Y0u realise how vunerable we are with the weather...It would of been more depressing if we had lost the power.

I love storms,but when your in the middle of disruption they are big time misery..

Back to storm watching now and collecting drinking water ...

PS Yea John Holmes your right my friend as been told it will be a year before she can go back in her home...Even though the floods have gone,the misery will last for a lot longer for them up north and us down here in the south......The news may not broadcast anymore but the disruption will go on for some time yet

for so many...........

Posted
Jane/dogs 32

Been reading your regular updates and I'm so pleased now that you have water returned for everyday domestic and bathing uses. It is impossible to imagine what something like that is like till it happens personally - we all take everyday things like that for granted so much (perhaps too much!). There are always weather risks of different kinds wherever you are of course, but I am glad that I live in a slightly elevated place (relative to how flat and low lying the general area is) so at least flooding is not likely.

Anyway some better news from you both, from a grim situation. :lol:

Thoughts continue for those even worse off who cannot even return home yet....

Tamara

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for your concern :p It has been tough but we are almost sorted now,all we need now is to have some fresh drinking water from the taps,which hopefully will be next week,In the meantime we do have water but we aren't allowed to drink it or do the washing up with it, it's so good to do my washing and have showers and baths again,I was only without water for 5 days,poor dogs was without water for 2 weeks.

I feel so sorry for the people who had their houses flooded,just driving through Tewkesbury town today we saw freezers,floor-boards and all other household furniture on the side of the roads!Poor people I hope they eventually get sorted out,it must be so devasting.

Jane :p

Posted
I don't understand why after boiling the water it would still be unsafe to drink? Boiling would kill any bacteria. Unless it is contaminated with chemicals I suppose.

Dont quote me on this...this is second hand info.....the water contains 1,400 diferent viruses or bacteria....some deadly still.....its going to take to september for the water to be pure again...YES 1,400 bacteria in our water was tested..so its unsafe to drink.

Thanks Tamara for your concern,its not nice..infact many people including myself was getting down without a bath and keep runn9ing around after water.

And the toilet was a headache...Had to keep waiting for rain for water butt.But now I can have a bath now Im happy :)

We still have to get bottled water to drink...I have so many bottles now I could open a shop selling fresh water..

Edited by dogs32