Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cuba Weather

Posted

Hello all. I'm going to Cuba in June 2008 and wondered if anyone knows what the weather will be like? I expect there will be afternoon storms to look forward to and a low chance of a tropical storm - can anyone confirm this or provide more info?

Thanks

Posted

What part of Cuba are you going to?

Tropical storms are rare though most likely area they are going to hit would be west Cuba and the gulf shores, a common track is up from SW Caribbean up through the yucatan channel region/Yucatan/west Cuba and up through to the gulf coast, east Cuba on the other hand is very unlikely to see tropical actvity unless your very unlucky

Posted
What part of Cuba are you going to?

Tropical storms are rare though most likely area they are going to hit would be west Cuba and the gulf shores, a common track is up from SW Caribbean up through the yucatan channel region/Yucatan/west Cuba and up through to the gulf coast, east Cuba on the other hand is very unlikely to see tropical actvity unless your very unlucky

Thanks for that, I'm staying near Varadero which is almost directly south of Florida. Part of me hopes to see a tropical storm, but part of me hopes not as it would probably wipe out most of my holiday!