Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy Rain (Ireland)

Posted

What are the experts views on tonight and tomorrow's forecasted torrential rain across much of Ireland?

Rtavn244.png

GFS paints a horrible picture with places like Cork likely to see towards 80mm of rain?

Anyone have any views?

thanks

Posted

another area that is being watched.

As the various models chop and change it does make it extremely difficult to produce any meaningful advice, but as I said its being watched.

Remember though we do not issue alerts for the Republic.

keep retuning to Net Wx later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Heavy rain intensifying to the west of Ireland. Hang on folks :lol:

Posted
Heavy rain intensifying to the west of Ireland. Hang on folks :doh:

Here

Yes some very heavy rain now into the west of ireland. With still very high tempetures its going to be another extreme rain event.

Posted
Here

Yes some very heavy rain now into the west of ireland. With still very high tempetures its going to be another extreme rain event.

Hey mate,

12z will be crucial, i wonder will the purples still be there this evening, if so, we are in for some deluge right the way across the country :doh:

Posted
Hey mate,

12z will be crucial, i wonder will the purples still be there this evening, if so, we are in for some deluge right the way across the country :doh:

Went for a long drive through the wicklow mountains during the week ( builders holidays) . You cant imagation the amount of land slides i saw from the last heavy rain we had. Shocking completey, the sides of mountains striped bare. Was up in glencullen, whole sections of land just ran into fields.

With this been so unstable, think of what the coming rain will do. Im bringing my camera up there on monday morning to get some class photos.

The tempetures are very high still, its only a matter of time before we see the fireworks.

Posted

The ground has really dried up in the last week(around here anyway) so i dont think flooding will be too much of a problem, so far this summer we've avoided all of those flooding systems that affected the UK (except a flash flood event in south dublin in july) so we are lucky.

Meteireann have taken away the "localised flooding" they had in their forecast earlier on;http://www.met.ie/

Edited by rc28

Posted
12z has held back slightly, reducing the purple areas as the small LP is delayed slightly, however the centre is expected to pass right over Dublin :)

We know what that means. Torrential rain. We could do with a drop :) , been very dry lately :doh:

Check this out as it comes accross land.

Here

Metchecks warning:

Here

Edited by kippure

Posted
Worst of it is likely around Dawn, but a night of heavy rain ahead for much of the country :)

Ill be on the beer :) hopefullly :doh: Wouldnt mind getting the breakfast up in johnny foxes. When it rains on high ground it forgets to stop.

Heres a beach cam.

Here

Its already started raining.

Posted
The rain should start around about 10pm or maybe before and become heavier then it will last until 1pm tommorow but maybe longer in some places.

That really is the problem of late , the rain is intense and slow moving, puting down 2 inchs in places. The ground if just not able for it.

Posted

This page has a good clear webcam image of the sea today but it's very slow to update.

This one is from Kerry (3webcams), look like the rain only just started there.

Edited by rc28

Posted
This page has a good clear webcam image of the sea today but it's very slow to update.

This one is from Kerry (3webcams), look like the rain only just started there.

Nice one, been looking for that 'toms webcam' for ages.

Weathercheck have just issued a Severe Weather Alert.

Here

Edited by kippure

Posted

The rain is heavier here than it is over ireland.. Only 15mm so far but it has just got a lot heavier and is now falling at a rate of 10mm/hr with a lot more to come according to the radar!

Posted

I have to say I feel sorry for you guys :o Particularly when the South are basking

in the hot sunshine today.

It looks thouroughly miserable where you are.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
I have to say I feel sorry for you guys :o Particularly when the South are basking

in the hot sunshine today.

It looks thouroughly miserable where you are.

Its All poxy. :help: