Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports, Monday 6th-7th August

Louise

Posted

Absolutely bucketing it down with rain, almost constant thunder with some lightening too.. no signs on the radars though! :)

Posted

Nantwich is just a few miles up the road from me... and having just looked out of my window at the rapidly descending black murk, covering what was a very pleasant evening just 5 minutes ago, it looks like the interesting weather is heading in our direction...

Had a very heavy short shower at about 7pm, which was followed by a few rumbles of thunder... and I will now go and shut all the windows in anticipation of round 2...

dscf3063un0.th.jpgdscf3066is1.th.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunderstorm moved from the south west to affect us between 1915 and 1940 yesterday evening. About 15 minutes of heavy rain and a couple of minutes of small hail. Plenty of thunder in the distance before it reached here but just one major flash of lightning during the storm which cut the electricity to most of the village for about an hour and to my particular area for the rest of the evening.

T.M

Posted

Hello

One rumble of thunder from approaching shower about 1830 BST in Newcastle under Lyme followed by moderate rain. Keele 3 miles west no measurable rain and just a few spots on the ground.

From 2030 looking north/northwest from Keele frequent distant lightning/thunder and heavy rain dramatically illustrated with the setting sun behind (sadly no camera)-the Nantwich storm I guess.Heavy shower about 2115-2130 1 close lightning/thunder about 2140 after passed through( I was walking over a golf course thinking `I really shouldn't be here' ) 1 mm recorded at Keele.

Ian

http://pangaea.esci.keele.ac.uk/weather/rainfall.html

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

dark cloud and lightning seen north of dartford towards essex