Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 08th - 12th January 2004

Tim B

Posted

Two fairly heavy snow/sleet showers here in north west Dublin so far this morning. More expected. Temp. dropped from 3.7c to 2.4c in 10mins in the first shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Had a hal shower at 10am ths morning

Posted

Had hail and thunder around 11:00 AM this morning. Very pleased with 2004 so far, only 11 days into it and already a covering of snow and 2 thunderstorms :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Two reports of wintry stuff since I came back to Lancaster University:

Friday 9 January: Heavy hailstone shower at 2am.

Sunday 11 January: Hailstone shower at 9am, sleety snow flurry at 1:30pm.

Getting exciting, as it's not supposed to be cold enough for snow at low levels yet!

Posted

Had loads of hail here, and some sleet. Just now there was a flash of lightning, and the flash was yellow coloured! Never seen that before!!!

Posted

Very dark cloud approaching my area now, Can see fall sreaks of hail coming out of it and, Whoa there we go hail with light sleet starting to fall now, And theres a distinct feeling of electricity in the air here right now aswell, Thunder could well be imminent here :!: :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

strange day just had some heavy hail and sleet falling from what you might describe as blue sky :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A very heavy hail shower in Lancaster, with large hailstones at the beginning of the shower. Some sleetiness afterwards with the temperature falling rapidly from 6.5C to 4C.

Posted

I caught in a a complete white out today (3 pm) in the north Yorkshire moors. Only just managed to make it over the tops with at least an inch of snow on the road, with near white out conditions! Absolutely brilliant!!!

Posted

Have been up near Leicester today, at around 5pm a very heavy shower moved in, temp dropped from 7c to 2c in the space of 10 mins, the shower turned to wet snow and there was a covering on cars etc which lasted around 30 mins...

Posted

well yes, i seen the lighting to the north, but i though it was just my eyes :lol: got a little wet snow aorund 4pm in a very heavy shower as well as rain/sleet and hail :lol:

Posted

Lancaster gets the first sighted wintry weather of the day! Doesn't happen very often! :lol:

Currently sleeting. The shower started off as drizzly rain about 20 minutes ago, with a temperature of 6C, but the temperature fell, and the rain turned to sleet and wet snow.

Posted

Well, on Sunday I was in Wales - about 8 miles south east of Lampeter and there were two very large hail storms and some thunder!

Frightened the dogs!

Posted

Nice :lol:

Been squally showers with hail and sleet here for most of the day, No snow sticking though, Though I suspect it will start to turn more and more wintery over the next few hours here.

Posted
Over an inch of snow has fell here over night   :lol:
c

you lucky git!we had snow last night, which was nice to see, but it didn't settle, later on this afternoon dosn't look to bad :lol: