Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Human-animal Embryo given the go ahead

Angel15

Posted
thats disgusting.....just think in one hundred years time we will have mutants...the worlds getting sicker by the decade......

Tell me about it - one can only imagine the horrors that will follow on from this.

Posted

Even if they were developed past embryo stage, the chances of such an feotus being viable are negligable... the point though, is that they won't get past embryo stage. The reason they wan't the embryos is not for purposes of having a bet on what happens, but is in an effort to aquire stem-cells to further research in what is a very promising area of medicine. I'm not completely conviced that it's worth all that much though I must confess.

It isn't ideal though, I must admit... It wouldn't be nessecary at all if there wasn't such controversy over "pure" human embryo's.

I am interested though... what are people disgusted with exactly? that a mostly human embryo could be defiled with another animals DNA, or vice versa, or is it the idea of something so different, or ... well, anything really ("not natural" is a vague answer that doesn't really get to the root of the issue).

Posted
Even if they were developed past embryo stage, the chances of such an feotus being viable are negligable... the point though, is that they won't get past embryo stage. The reason they wan't the embryos is not for purposes of having a bet on what happens, but is in an effort to aquire stem-cells to further research in what is a very promising area of medicine. I'm not completely conviced that it's worth all that much though I must confess.

It isn't ideal though, I must admit... It wouldn't be nessecary at all if there wasn't such controversy over "pure" human embryo's.

I am interested though... what are people disgusted with exactly? that a mostly human embryo could be defiled with another animals DNA, or vice versa, or is it the idea of something so different, or ... well, anything really ("not natural" is a vague answer that doesn't really get to the root of the issue).

Well for my part - it is not because it is "human" crossing with an animal - it would have the same affect on me if it were a pig being crossed with a lamb - it is not natural. It could also throw up new problems, new viruses, etc. I don't think it is wise to meddle with nature in that way. And I would imagine (and this is only my conjecture) that one bright spark will let the embryo grow to see what happens and what can be gained from it at 9 weeks, 16 weeks, etc ..

Posted
OON's been trying this with sheep for years........

OON - your secret it out!!!! All because he won't fork out for a woolly jumper!!!! (please no inuendo's .. mind you, it could be interesting!)

Posted
If Wibs wore a pointy hat with a bell on the end and carried a fishing rod...

I've got one of those.... and she's seeing to tea at the moment.. :lazy:

Posted

ok that might of been over the top..but this isnt.....some people will get a human crossed with an animal at some point....just say this is a guy cross between a Kangaroo....Im not having a laugh though it is funny forget about the logo....just think surely possibility a cross breed

this is not taking the mick out of this guy..as its a distorted camera effect through photo shop....but get the point

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Are we not of nature? is that that we create also not of nature? Take it up with the Beavers and their 'un-natural' interferrence in nature and all that it leads too........

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Seems to me that what is actually going to occur is that they will take a human cell nucleus and insert it into a cow egg. This can hardly be called a hybrid IMO. I've got no problem with it as long as it's regulated and the possibilities of stemcell research are worth any minor risk. Morally I would rather sacrifice a cow embryo than a human one, after all I'm not a veggetarian. If successful this technique would speed up the rate of research, this is a good thing!

edit- Actually, isn't it great that cows not only produce milk and meat but now also eggs, fantastic! Do they do one with and espresso attachment?

Edited by azores hi

Posted
post-1669-1189162495_thumb.jpg

The first human/computer hybrid.......

god thats a worrie..people looking like that

EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE..CROSS BETWEEN A DARLEK AND HUMAN

I noticed potty you have a good sense of humour..kee-p it up

Edited by dogs32