Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Magpies

Speaking of Magpies (I believe that was the topic) this little fellow came to say hello to me the other day.

post-1589-1196683722_thumb.jpg

Fun. It was probably raised from a chick by humans, so it's used to them. Some people keep them as pets because apparently they're very intelligent and fun. They can even talk as well as parrots, as can all crows.

Posted
Fun. It was probably raised from a chick by humans, so it's used to them. Some people keep them as pets because apparently they're very intelligent and fun. They can even talk as well as parrots, as can all crows.

Yes it's definitely aviary bred. It had no ring though so no real way of identifying it. I was a bit worried when I first saw it but it seems to be finding plenty of food and not at all lethargic. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

• 1 month later...
Posted

All to easy to side with all the little furry creatures and birds when you lively hood is not at stake!

I also have seen what corvids can do to new born lambs and it is not nice at all .

I have this picture in my mind every time i line up a corvid and that makes it justifiable to ME..

At least Humans have the decency to dispatch thier prey as quickly as possible with as little pain as possible , unlike most other killers on the planet.

If you could honestly live with a house full of wild rats that were chewing your furniture and eating holes in your food without doing them harm then fair play.

I bet you couldn`t!!

You would be the first people to find a shovel or get some Rat poison down thier holes.