Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Oregon RGR 122 Rainfall gauge - problems

Posted

Hello, not sure if anybody owns one of these, but I've had mine for about 10 months and now I'm experiencing problems.

The rainfall total and rainfall history digits now continually flash and do not collate any readings, I reset the gauge but note after only a few hours the gauge starts flashing once more. I have also pressed reset/search for one second and then 2 seconds but at times this does nothing either! Also another thing I have noticed is a battery dead icon appears even though new batteries have been installed, so I'm at a loss at what to do. I would be utmost grateful if anybody could shed some light on what the problem might be.

Regards Timmy.

• 1 month later...
Posted

You're not alone. We have gone through 3 of these and they all developed the same problem. Skyview replaced them time and time again, which is fair enough but you get to a stage and say 'what's the point if it's going to give up in a few months'. It's a pity cable versions are so scarce.

Anyway, I've decided to bite the bullet and will be going for a Vantage Pro, and hope that the high price = longevity and quality.

cheers.