Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Panorama's in the Pennines

Posted

Just a few pics I thought I'd share with you from around where I live in the hills of Oldham & Saddleworth, some show the glorious blue skies, and then others show dark angry looking shower clouds that have produced the odd snow flurry this morning. On some of the pictures you can see the urban sprawl of Oldham & Manchester beyond. Temp was -3oC when I woke up at 7am, now a rather tropical 2oC & snow is melting as is always the case

post-3616-1204631093_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631483_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631507_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631542_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631565_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631592_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631612_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631633_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631658_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631687_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631705_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1204631723_thumb.jpg

Posted

tks SA, some great shots there, nice to see photos of that area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Just a few pics I thought I'd share with you from around where I live in the hills of Oldham & Saddleworth, some show the glorious blue skies, and then others show dark angry looking shower clouds that have produced the odd snow flurry this morning. On some of the pictures you can see the urban sprawl of Oldham & Manchester beyond. Temp was -3oC when I woke up at 7am, now a rather tropical 2oC & snow is melting as is always the case

Great shots SA, I meant to wake up early before the snow melted and go for a walk to take some pictures, but as it happened I woke up at 12!

Posted
Great shots SA, I meant to wake up early before the snow melted and go for a walk to take some pictures, but as it happened I woke up at 12!

Haha lazy bones! Good job I was up early, otherwise I'd be taking pics of spring lambs in green fields! Well hopefully there will be more snow, another cold snap has been forecast at end of week and into next, so watch this space I say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
:doh: Some stunning panoramic photo's there. I especially like the eighth photo along, as it shows a really nice contrast between a rural moorland and urban conurbation in the distance below :)

Posted
<_< Some stunning panoramic photo's there. I especially like the eighth photo along, as it shows a really nice contrast between a rural moorland and urban conurbation in the distance below :)

Yeah, thats the beauty of living here, you get quite a few snow lying days and you're not far from the city of Manchester, so you get the best of both worlds so to speak ;o)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Lovely pics! I like the 1st and 3rd ones best.

Posted

Thanx very much for all your comments, its not my photography, its just that everything looks beautiful in the snow, its just a shame we see so little of it these days! grrrrrrr :wallbash: