Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 26th January 2004

Mrs Snow Lover

Posted

jsut had another snow shower,

here is a link to a 'live' webcam in Aberdeen. It's in the centre of Aberdeen,

so hasn't got mutch snow yet, but it might be worth looking at tomorrow.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/sras/virtual/webcam.shtml

Posted

Had a fairly short lived, but quite lively shower of sleet here about 9.45pm, lasting 20 minutes - turned to flakes of wet snow before stopping. Noticeably colder after it passed through.

Posted

Been piling it down for half an hour. Big fat fluffy flakes of pleasure. Still wet from earlier, but a covering on cars, and starting to cover the grass.

Posted

Also snowing just down the road from Paul in Darlington. Now starting to lay on roads. Gritters were out too early yet again I reckon.

Posted

Lots of showers now coming into the Teesside/S. Durham/N. Yorks area. Shame my parents will be in bed in Yarm/sister on the southern outskirts of Middlesbrough as I would expect it's starting to come together there too. I'll report on that if no other posts from members there post.

Posted

More intermittent showers of sleet, turning more to snow with each shower, but only tending to last for 15 minutes in a spell, though the frequency is increasing. Only light echos on the rainfall radar.

Posted

Current temperature in Newton Aycliffe is 0.9c. In Billingham/Stockton its 3.1c at the moment, so probably still raining there.

Posted

Craig B, visit Weather Underground Teeside. The live conditions from my station are uploaded there. But there is also stations in Darlington, Billingham and Nunthorpe, Middlesbrough there too, so you can keep an eye on everywhere.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03263.html

Posted

First proper snow shower here 10 minutes ago. Only lasted briefly. Seems very patchy, and the radar would agree. Seem to be getting a feed of light showers now pushing down on a NE'ly wind from the Wash. Not enough to cause any problems yet.

Good to see the showers pushing inland as far as Aycliffe and Darlington. Sometimes they rarely make it further than Stockton, if it's just a bog-standard northerly.

Posted

Looks like the Tees valley is acting as a conduit for those showers to push on inland. Suspect my home town of Yarm will be getting flurries now too.

Posted

I'm not so sure, it may not be quite cold enough there yet. Stopped snowing here for now, but still cloudy.

We have a light covering.

Posted

Apologies to the forum moderators if we've slightly gone off track with purely reporting wintry preciptitation events. Testimony to the perhaps the lack of it that we've seen on Monday, even in Scotland. If we get the snowfall forecasted then they'll be no place for banter or waffle, so a fresh thread tomorrow, with hopefully lots of reports :D

Posted

Well the southern edge of Middlesbrough gets many more inches of snow than the centre does. Snow which has melted off in Stockton for a fortnight, has lasted in Yarm and long beyond that on the nearby Moors. Curiously, the north facing side of Eston Hills, which faces onto ICI Wilton might only have snow on it's summit at 800ft, the other side in Guisborough will have several inches at 300ft. A mix of salt air and ICI probably keeps the greater part of Teesside a degree warmer than it probably should be!

Again, getting off the subject of this thread a little - but I suspect we'll need a new one for tomorrow and not too many wintry precipitation posts thus far.

Posted

Snowing here in london 6:30am (well se london) only light, BUT ITS ACTUALLY REACHED HERE :D

Hope u add this to the new 27th percip when mod makes one

Posted

:D Well we've had a shortish shower and now have a thin layer of settled snow.

It feels really cold :shock: I just hope we get some more before I have to set out for work "oh sorry, can't come in, I'm snowed in" :D

Posted

snowing lightly in Aberdeen, got about 1-1.5cm of lying snow,

just above freezing, havy snow expected about lunchtime.