Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Easter Weekend Chill/Freeze

mcyates

Posted

Well showers have really kicked off overland in response to the increase in laspe rates both as daytime temps rise and also as the upper air continues to cool inbetween the warm sector...

Eye---interesting to hear the beeb think its just going to be sleet showers in the SE, goes against the raw output from the UKMO which suggest snow will occur upto aobut midnight then turn to sleet/rain then back to snow again in the morning hours as the cold digs in behind.

Anyway going to lock this thread now as I suspect its going to be getting busy this eveing!

Posted
I see the metoffice weather warnings for Monday and Tuesday have now been downgraded to just the Eastern coastal counties.

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about that. It shall soon change if the GFS is anything to go by:

http://cirrus.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs....ctypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
You getting any wintry showers NL?, we seem to of gone out of this mild sector as even light showers are containing hail and a few snowflakes mixed in.

I agree with you about the gusts, the disadvantage of these gusts is that they are making the showers fast moving although the advantage would be if we had snowcover that there is a lack of sun because of it.

Only rain at the moment had grauple shower about an hour ago though,

heavy shower now as i type, hard to tell what the ppn is as its so windy

debris flying all over the place..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Coming down pretty heavy here now. :lol:

Still not a single flake here, in the same town and it's only a small place.

The seas could get pretty rough later, the Netweather homepage mentions the chance of coastal flooding.

Winds are also a factor, gusty everywhere, but more so down the east coast of Scotland and England where gusts of upto 70mph are a possibility which in turn could lead to some coastal flooding.

Looking a bit choppy at Longsands, Tynemouth.

http://www.elsom-cook.com/longsands/index.pl

Posted
continuious snow now in strong gusty wind.

Is it sticking?

I'm surprised Mark has not had any showers yet however i think this will change shortly.

Another shower heading this way so they are becoming more frequent now and hopefully turning more to snow showers.

Posted
Still not a single flake here!

The seas could get pretty rough later, the Netweather homepage mentions the chance of coastal flooding.

Looking a bit choppy at Longsands, Tynemouth.

http://www.elsom-cook.com/longsands/index.pl

I'm gonna have a walk over to the coast later take some photos.

Posted
Is it sticking?

I'm surprised Mark has not had any showers yet however i think this will change shortly.

Another shower heading this way so they are becoming more frequent now and hopefully turning more to snow showers.

nah its melting as it lands,gut a good covering of slush on the greenhouse though :lol:

Posted

Hail, sleet rain mix at 12m ASL in the vale of York (North Yorkshire).. strong wind gusts, must be snow up on the moors if its sleet and hail here near sea level. Was only expecting rain at this stage!