Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Chase Sunday Or B H Monday

SMU

Posted
Coast, you know you want to go................

Should make things interesting, I've never driven front wheel drive and turbo in the snow before - what time are you leaving? :good:

Posted

Will liase with Steve over the next day or so and will Pm you. These Models are unpredictable you know!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Well if you're heading N into Norfolk, I might be tempted to meet you - I'll be in the Wolds early doors with the camera, but a comedy drive across the featureless fens in snow showers might be entertaining.

I'd offer our LR Defender (seats 12 :) ) probably not on though as expected for family lunch Easter Sunday. :wacko: One great snow mobile.

Be sure to call in at the fish & chip hut at Dunwich beach on the way back for the best f&c's in the world. Think they should open this w/e but check first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I have to say I am very tempted by the sounds of all this, however, knowing my luck I would go off driving around to see nothing, and come home to find it had snowed and had since melted!

Posted

My best guess for good snow would be Detling or Bluebell Hill above Maidstone. If nothing else the view should be great. I may have to concede on Sunday as the outlaws are 'round for lunch but I will be available for home based radar/satellite control and updates!

The Coast-Mobile will be out at some point on the weekend, batteries on charge, photos to follow!

Posted
My best guess for good snow would be Detling or Bluebell Hill above Maidstone. If nothing else the view should be great. I may have to concede on Sunday as the outlaws are 'round for lunch but I will be available for home based radar/satellite control and updates!

The Coast-Mobile will be out at some point on the weekend, batteries on charge, photos to follow!

You know you want to go Coast. Tell the outlaws the weather forecast looks too bad and they should stay at home for their own safety.

If you get this far into the Fens I will make you all some tea.

Posted

I have my own plans I'm afraid but if you are Norfolk bound I can tell you exactly where to go depending on wind direction - even in a flat county like ours there are some areas that benefit from everything nwrly through eserly.

Of course, if things are NErly you are better off heading TEITS way to catch the Wash Streamer

Posted
I have my own plans I'm afraid but if you are Norfolk bound I can tell you exactly where to go depending on wind direction - even in a flat county like ours there are some areas that benefit from everything nwrly through eserly.

Of course, if things are NErly you are better off heading TEITS way to catch the Wash Streamer

I'm hoping the Wash streamer makes an appearance as I live right on the edge of the wash.

Posted
I'm hoping the Wash streamer makes an appearance as I live right on the edge of the wash.

Wot! No House? :D

Posted
You know you want to go Coast. Tell the outlaws the weather forecast looks too bad and they should stay at home for their own safety.

:doh: They only live within walking distance

:doh: They only live within walking distance

Well Mondays draws closer-

Looks like a snow event Sunday which will sure look picture'esque Monday day, then what will that shortwave do Monday Day???

Its going to go down to a Nowcast on the Morning-

Plenty of room with possibly 2 cars going..

regards

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Good luck guys. I'll be heading towards the peak district 4 Sunday, maybe head up snake pass then hike towards Bleaklow hill. At over 2000ft i would expect some snow up there. It was 2 years ago in March that i was in about 2 foot of snow up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

If I could get to Thurrock (our car is knackered) I would love to go.

Posted

I pass Woodham to get to Thurrock, only problem is for me to get up that early on a bank holiday is that 1. I'd keep thinking I was going on holiday 2. I'd be falling asleep before I got to the dreaded Burnham bends (and through a field) 3. why have I done this when the chances of even seeing a flake of snow are zero!

Anyway anybody coming with me in my Cooper better be prepared, the suspensions harder than a Hackney doorman. :clap: