Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sheffield, Fulwood snow

Posted

I have been at my grandmas and Granddads all week and haven’t had internet so waking up Thursday morning to a good covering of snow came as a nice surprise. Apparently it was a very localised. Where i live 15 miles away had nothing (Then again its only around 100m asl). Good job I stayed at my grans an extra two days because I was going home on Wednesday :) . The snow was around 7cm deep. It actually snowed Wednesday evening as well which gave a dusting on the grass. The snow had mostly gone by 13:00 however it lasted longer then I expected. It was deepest snow i have seen so far this year!! Sorry about quality, it was taken on a mobile.

Grandmas bush

post-6181-1208528756_thumb.jpg

How deep it was on the push

post-6181-1208528773_thumb.jpg

Yew Tree

post-6181-1208528794_thumb.jpg

The lobelia covered

post-6181-1208528782_thumb.jpg

The grounds around the houses

post-6181-1208528819_thumb.jpg

Again the Grounds around the houses

post-6181-1208528804_thumb.jpg

My little snow man ;) (However granddad said it looked like an owl B) )

post-6181-1208528831_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice pics there, fancy having snow like this in the second half of April - just amazing! B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Nice pics there, I was suprised by the snow aswell, not much stuck at this level but above about 300m there was quite a bit round here.

• Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Warming up this week but looking mixed for Bank Holiday weekend

In the sunshine this week, it will feel warmer, with temperatures nudging up through the teens, even past 20C. However, the Bank Holiday weekend is looking a bit mixed. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts