Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Nostradamas

Posted

Having seen to have predicted much of the past, if to be believed, what can we expect of the future?

He predicts.......

Iran will gain support from it's middle eastern neighbours and Russia will side also. The Pope will be assassinated and riots will ensue. An attack will be launched on Europe totally destroying Italy and southern france. Both these counties including Spain will be invaded by the middle eastern armies and World War III will begin.

All of this supposedly 1 year after the democrats succeed the Republicans in the White House.

Now what with the growing conflict between Iran and the US, Russia's objection to the US European based anti missile project along with the growing popularity of the democrats and the dwindling popularity of Bush and the Republicans, earily and worryingly all seems to be falling into place!

What is the view of the members on here? Have the facts been manipulated to fit with past events or is there any truth in this?

Posted

Where's the original text for that? I bet you it doesn't say anything of the sort! Did Italy even exist as a country when Nostradamus was alive? I suppose he could have predicted its formation though.

Posted

I seem to remember back in the 80s that Nostradamas (or someone similar) predicted the end of the world on a certain day. Well I sat there at the prescribed time in English Lit class but nothing happened :drunk:

I think Nostradamas is manipulated to suit history/current situations.

Posted

If Old Mother Shipton didn't predict it, it won't happen.......

cover_1686.jpg

''Two nations shall go to war, but only one shall win.''

Woody Allen :(

Regards,

Mike.

I thought that was Frankie Goes To Hollywood? :lol:

To be fair to Nostradamus though, he never invested any money in city centre flats, so perhaps there's something in it after all?

stu would disagree :drunk: maybe he's the reicarnation of old nossy :(

Posted
Where's the original text for that? I bet you it doesn't say anything of the sort! Did Italy even exist as a country when Nostradamus was alive? I suppose he could have predicted its formation though.

Your quite right. During his time many counties weren’t established the USA being one of them. Also his native tongue was French, but his phonetic word for USA was eoussas with a silent ‘S’. which is no word in French but pronounced out loud shows what he was trying to say. Much the same as tanks, he referred to them as steel cages.

I seem to remember back in the 80s that Nostradamas (or someone similar) predicted the end of the world on a certain day. Well I sat there at the prescribed time in English Lit class but nothing happened :drunk:

I think Nostradamas is manipulated to suit history/current situations.

Dates will rarely be exact as at that period in time the Gregorian calendar was being used.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything
Dates will rarely be exact as at that period in time the Gregorian calendar was being used.

You mean the same Gregorian calander that we use today? :doh:

I think you mean that he was pre Gregorian, in which case you are correct, he just missed the changover in his lifetime.

As Oon says, show me the direct quote which mentions the words Democrat, republican, Iran, USA and world war III and maybe I will start to believe...

Edited by Azores Hi

Posted

And don't doubt David Ickes words, we will all be wearing turquoise shell-suits at the end. :doh:

Posted

High Altitude, please go and read up on the Quatrains before going much further. The Quatrains centred on his time, his politics and they were vague for certain reasons, but due to that vagueness means the quatrains can fit into any time period. This modern day "fitting" of what he said gets real tiresome.

Posted
according to nostadamus world should have ended on the millenium

He was only three years adrift... the beginning of the end of this part of the world began in 1997 when Blair got in.

Posted
He was only three years adrift... the beginning of the end of this part of the world began in 1997 when Blair got in.

The great dishevelled one from Caledonia will save Britannia's mighty financial beasts from certain death by giving public sacrifice and unbounded offerings.

He will tax the fodder of iron horses so man has to walk upon the earth once more

The brown one will make every soul, eat their meals without leaving scraps for their flocks or herds

And finally, the mighty Gordon, from the Bishopric of Glasgow, will fall from power as the masses storm his sabbath resting place, the Chequered Castle, and his seat of power, numbered Ten in the row.

The great dishevelled one from Caledonia will save Britannia's mighty financial beasts from certain death by giving public sacrifice and unbounded offerings.

He will tax the fodder of iron horses so man has to walk upon the earth once more

The brown one will make every soul, eat their meals without leaving scraps for their flocks or herds

And finally, the mighty Gordon, from the Bishopric of Glasgow, will fall from power as the masses storm his sabbath resting place, the Chequered Castle, and his seat of power, numbered Ten in the row.

coastranamus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
coastranamus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And do you know, I never guessed I'd be writing all this today......... :doh: