Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Daily Mail Strikes Again

masheeuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
I guess I had better learn how to ski :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...scientists.html

:D:D:doh: i dunno you just cant win with these scientists.

Posted
I guess I had better learn how to ski :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...scientists.html

Yes I'm going to book some lessons now. :D:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

You never know, it might be true, look what flew past my window earlier:

flying%20pig.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

No comment :D

Posted
I wonder if there is a Daily Mail hidden agenda behind this. :D

I think the most important thing nowadays is to try and find out whohas paid the scientists fothier research. Cynical I know but often quite telling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!

6000 feet of ice eh? Plenty to bury Fleet St and even Canary Wharf then. Excellent news!! :D

Posted

Its not exactly imminent is it? The estimated start date is approximately 10000 years from now. It will be surprising if we as a species are still around by then.

Posted

What's more worrying is that I thought everyone on the planet already knew this? The only debate is on whether the current interglacial is a 'double' and therefore due to end within the next 10,000 years or whether it ought to have ended already and thus human activity has already delayed the start of the new ice age. It's possible that the LIA was in fact the start of the next ice age ......

One thing is for sure, it takes tens of thousands of years to build a big ice sheet. If the next ice age starts today, expect temps in the UK to start cooling off in about 7,000AD and London to be covered in ice by about 70,000AD .......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I think we can sleep easy for now!

Must have been a poor news day!

To be fair the chances of an Ice Age sometime in the future is.....well......100%.

They may as well have written an article highlighting the fact that the sun is going to expand and engulf the earth in 4.5 billion years :doh:

Posted

Cheer up folks. It will happen but by then we'll all look something like that Channel Five Secrets of Egypt corpse I watched last night before we can plan our next skiing holiday with Canary Wharf being the ski jump ramp. (If our so-called government make a bid for the 20008 Winter olympics! :o )

And the BBC (Brown's Bulls**ting Corporation) will be throwing it down your throat with their bias. Unfortunately. I think I, and every N-W member might be dead by then so won't really be able to make much of a stance against it but the old zombified cryogenic dragons as in Tessa Jowell (I thought she was already. RFID chip implanted??) in the House of Lords with her colostomy bag might find it ideal to host it in London. (Strange that I heard on Channel 4 news yesterday that if they, the UK olympic commitee knew of this recession then they would have withdrawn their bid but, hey! They would have still went for it anyway for the 'feel good' factor! Yeah right!!) :doh:

But the BBC and the doom mongers amongst them... And as said on my own forum are firmly fitted in the pocket of NuLabour. Dear oh dear. B)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
I think we can sleep easy for now!

Must have been a poor news day!

To be fair the chances of an Ice Age sometime in the future is.....well......100%.

They may as well have written an article highlighting the fact that the sun is going to expand and engulf the earth in 4.5 billion years B)

Check their archives...they've probably, at some stage, printed an article claiming the sun will engulf the earth in 4.5 years...lol