Rain month : 21,8 mm

Rain year 2008 :227,3 mm

Min Air temp today : 9,0 C

Max Air temp today : 17,7 C

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Drizzle and occasional light rain overnight gave 0.7 mm by 0900. Today has been mainly cloudy with a few bits of light drizzle from time to time but also some sunny intervals, mainly during the first half of this morning. A strong to gale and very gusty west wind last night and throughout the day.

At 1800;

Temp', 7.7c

Max' today, 8.7c

Min' last night, 7.4c

Grass min', 5.8c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, trace

Sunshine today, 0.90 hrs

Mean wind speed, 27 mph W

Highest gust today, 67 mph W at 1235

8 oktas stratus and cumulus

Light shower falling

Vis', 10 miles

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 8.3c

Outdoor humidity 70%

Pressure 1014mb

Wind direction North West

Wind speed 30mph

Gust 36mph

Cloud Height 2136ft

Wet Bulb 6.1c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 16.9mm

Dew Point 3.1c

Wind Chill -1c

Weather Cloudy dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature dropped by 1c

Pressure dropped by 4.3mb

Humidity dropped by 11%

Average wind speed increased by 7mph average wind speed today 32mph

Dewpoint dropped by 3.1c

Average wind direction North West

Moon age 23 days 40%

Sunrise and Sunset 8:19am - 4:13pm

Moonrise and Moonset 11:44pm - 1:41pm

Posted

According to legend, the severity of the upcoming winter can be judged by examining the pattern of brown and black stripes on woolly bear caterpillars--the larvae of Isabella tiger moths. If the brown stripe between the two black stripes on either end of the caterpillar is thick, the winter will be a mild one. A narrow brown stripe portends a long, cold winter. Some traditional forecasters say that the 13 segments on the caterpillar's body correspond to the 13 weeks of winter.

A study of the predictions of the Banner Elk woolly bears between 1978 and 2000 revealed that "woolly worm winter predictions were exactly on target eight times out of 23, or 34.8%. Woolly worm predictions were close (4.0-4.9) another five times (21.7%). Woolly worm predictions were right in some areas, wrong in others (3.0-3.9) six times (26.1%). Woolly worm predictions were wrong more than they were right (2.0-2.9) four times (17.4%). Put another way, the woolly worms were close or completely right 57% of the time, and more than half right 82.6% of the time".

Other studies of woolly bear forecast accuracy

Several scientific studies have been done on woolly bear caterpillar forecasts, including one by the American Museum of Natural History. None of these studies have shown any correlation between woolly bear markings and the severity of the upcoming winter. According to the Old Farmer's Almanac, Dr. Charles Curran, curator of insects at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, studied woolly bear markings between 1948-1956 in Bear Mountain State Park, 40 miles north of New York City. He found some preliminary results that seemed to indicate that the thickness of the bands might indicate the severity of the upcoming winter. However, Dr. Curran gave up the study in 1955 after finding two groups of caterpillars living near each other that had vastly different predictions for the upcoming winter, according to science writer Ned Rozell.

So, two out of three woolley bear forecasts point to a colder than average winter for the Appalachian region of the U.S. In upcoming blog posts, I'll analyze what NOAA's computer models and the Old Farmer's Almanac have to say about the upcoming winter.

Interesting study,i will like to see what Dr Jeff makes of it. :(

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very mild last night with a little drizzle late on. Rather mild by day too, rather cloudy but some sunny intervals. Breezy (wnw).

Clear spell early evening, then cloudy with drizzle at times since 2000.

Min: 10.2c @ midnight.

Max: 11.9c @ 1230.

Rain yesterday: 0.2mm.

Rain since 0900: 0.1mm.

Currently: Cloudy, little drizzle, very mild.

Temp: 10.4c (has been as low as 9.1c @ 1800).

Pressure: 1017 mbar, falling slowly.

Posted

Nothing on the radar seems to suggest this but there's torrential rain here now - very odd with fog and getting windy, feeling a touch coolder.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Mostly dry today with some bright spells,but some light rain after dark,fairly windy today aswell although the wind is just a breeze now. Mild,max temp 11.2c.currently 10.2c

Posted
Mostly dry today with some bright spells,but some light rain after dark,fairly windy today aswell although the wind is just a breeze now. Mild,max temp 11.2c.currently 10.2c

my max was 11.0c and my min was 9.0c :(

SP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
my max was 11.0c and my min was 9.0c :(

SP

MY min last night was 9.4.

My max today of 11.2c was only about 2hrs ago. The Temps the last few days have certainly been boring. But heres to next week hopefully. :lol:

Posted
MY min last night was 9.4.

My max today of 11.2c was only about 2hrs ago. The Temps the last few days have certainly been boring. But heres to next week hopefully. :(

yes they have been very boring,ye next week my max is going to be -11.2c :lol: :lol: :(

SP