Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Times

jemtom

Posted

Trouble is, the MetO haven't said anything whatsoever about a 'Siberian blast' - although they have said temps over the New year will fall ....... to the same they've been the past few days!

I guess "current chilly weather to continue" just isn't a dramatic enough headline, even for the Times :doh:

Posted
Trouble is, the MetO haven't said anything whatsoever about a 'Siberian blast' - although they have said temps over the New year will fall ....... to the same they've been the past few days!

I guess "current chilly weather to continue" just isn't a dramatic enough headline, even for the Times :(

Quote - "Wrap up, Met Office warns of Siberian blast and freezing weather"

On the evidence of the above they need to contact their lawyers then... :doh: Trouble is they won't tho, because the media give them a very convienient win/win situation. For instance IF the bitter spell comes off they won't distance themselves from the headline, but if it doesn't they will.

Edited by jemtom

Posted

“This coming week, maximum daytime temperatures will be between 2C (36F) and 4C (39F) but temperatures at night could be well below zero for many places,” said Stephen Holman, forecaster at the Met Office.

What's "Siberian" about that?

I could be a daft journalist. I could do that. Gizza job. Go on. I could do that.

Edited by valiant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

This must be the same Times who's forecast always seems to deviate somewhat from either the UKMO or, dare I say it, its own headlines? :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i think its one of the best post they done in regards to weather in years lol apart from siberian lol which is not the case yet but always possible given the wobbles in forecast.

but the times have wound me up with there post perhapes the last jerk was sacked but all in all the post was better than the rest a little more realistic.

but the info they got was from the met office which would be better for them if they stick with that source.

:lol:

but i cant see it lasting two weeks pehapes 7days.