Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
oh...i hope you're wrong!! the MO,NW,bbc and sky alL forecast it 4 us!!! Please dont tell me its gonna miss us AGAIN!!! <_<
Well my grandparents live in New Milton just across the water from you and they've lived there for nearly 20 years and they said they've never had more than an inch of snow in the whole time they've lived there!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
well you might get some in basingstoke soon cause its snowing in farnham as well

i can see the snow cloud affecting you , to my south-east. light flurries here at the mo.

Posted

Caught by surprise by the temperatures and the heaviness of the snow. A few flurries this afternoon then 2 hours intermittently moderate to heavy snow. Just re-started here and about 3/4".

So:

Apology 1. There is such a thing as the (formerly fabled) "Thames Streamer"; I duly apologise to Mr S Murr for repeatedly doubting it.

Apology 2. To the member in south west London on whom yesterday I poured some scorn asserting that a depth of over 2" locally would be most unlikely: I would be surprised if that depth is not reached by the early hours (I still estimates of 10cm+ are pushing it and 25cm is wholly unrealistic).

regards

ACB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
are we getting any more? someone anyone? ?

ive got big flakes again. someone said earlier its poss that a streamer is setting up coast of dover??

Posted
Reports on the news

M20 IS CLOSED!! <_< :(

Doesn't surrpise me given the amount of snow showers packing in. Lapse rates still on the increase which should mean even more instablity shall be dragged in over the next 3hrs or so and therefore I reckon we could well see even more in the way of thundersnow over the next few hours.

Still well on track for the 9 inches I expected in the Thames region...

Edited by kold weather

Posted

we're a bit stalled here near tunbridge wells. got a fraction over an inch so far and been lucky with several strong but very small showers coming through the south eastern tick and hitting us directly.

according to nw radar some new showers are beginning to form in east kent and off shore now so hopefully they'll pep up and have the legs to reach us.

Posted
looks like the met office will have to move their "red alert" forward.

it was predicted for tommorow!

The RED ALERT is for the 6 inches ++ we will get tomorrow, but I see what you mean as well <_<

Posted
good luck to all you southeasterners, hope you get the plastering you want. :(

The only way im going to get plastered is if i have to much to drink <_<

Edited by hopeitsnows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
(I still estimates of 10cm+ are pushing it and 25cm is wholly unrealistic).

regards

ACB

10cm is very likely, and they really arent especially with a Streamer. But tonight a batch of heavier more prolonged showers will move in, and develop, and so a good covering for all, and imo upto 10cm for many

tomorrow late morning afternoon is a different story, with a low like that amounts could be massive, time will tell!

Posted

The snow that is forecast for tomorrow afternoon, i really do think it will remain as snow for EA,maybe a little sleety in the SE. Could see ALOT of snow tomorrow!!!!

Posted

The only thing I Can put this down to is anywhere that is within 10 Miles of the Coast is getting nowt whereas areas further West are getting clobbered, dont know if this has EVER Happened before (Must Have But pretty Rare) I mean when has Surrey got 5 times the amount SE Essex has in an ENE Flow with Upper Cold pool of -13, It has not Snowed here for about 4 hours now, anything that is on the radar as Green or Yellow simply IS NOT Snowing, Air to Dry ?? Who knows.

Kids are all in bed and ready for school in the morning, Dad is a right plonker as there Sledge Rides are now Cancelled

Paul S

Posted

This is for TN24, check out Friday.

Monday

t.gif

Sunrise 07:34 (GMT)

Sunset 16:46 (GMT) 27.gif1.gif1°C 1.gif1°C ENE.gif18 very poor 996 97 uv1.giflow_txt.gift.gifTuesday

t.gif

Sunrise 07:33 (GMT)

Sunset 16:48 (GMT) 3.gif4.gif4°C minus060.gif0°C SSW.gif9 poor 997 77 uv1.giflow_txt.gift.gifWednesday

t.gif

Sunrise 07:31 (GMT)

Sunset 16:50 (GMT) 7.gif5.gif5°C minus060.gif0°C S.gif9 good 995 78 uv1.giflow_txt.gift.gifThursday

t.gif

Sunrise 07:29 (GMT)

Sunset 16:51 (GMT) 18.gif2.gif2°C minus060.gif0°C NNE.gif8 very poor 991 98 uv1.giflow_txt.gift.gifFriday

t.gif

Sunrise 07:28 (GMT)

Sunset 16:53 (GMT) 27.gif2.gif2°C minus060.gif-2°C NNW.gif15 poor 995 84 uv1.giflow_txt.gif

Posted

I'm surprised if there is nothing in Leigh as there is a good dusting in Rayleigh, and it shows no sign of melting.

Can someone explain how this Thames streamer is supposed to work? I've lived in Leigh for most of my 37 years, and we normally seem to miss the snow when others get a pasting.

Posted
Caught by surprise by the temperatures and the heaviness of the snow. A few flurries this afternoon then 2 hours intermittently moderate to heavy snow. Just re-started here and about 3/4".

So:

Apology 1. There is such a thing as the (formerly fabled) "Thames Streamer"; I duly apologise to Mr S Murr for repeatedly doubting it.

Apology 2. To the member in south west London on whom yesterday I poured some scorn asserting that a depth of over 2" locally would be most unlikely: I would be surprised if that depth is not reached by the early hours (I still estimates of 10cm+ are pushing it and 25cm is wholly unrealistic).

regards

ACB

We will get 6 inches ++ by tomorrow especially when we get the heavier snow late Monday morning