Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
I've lost both BBC channels and Channel 5. Channel 4 keeps breaking up. Sadly the only channel that is clear is ITV - which means I am suffering Loose Women :)

Is anyone else having satelite problems due to the weather?

Edit - sky is back up and running - just in time for the weather on BBC1. Phew!

As a independent sky installer, it sounds as if your dish may be out of alighnment.... I could look at it some time for you!!

Posted

Blizzard now, unbelievable stuff.... It's seriously not letting up....

Wonder how long this will go on for...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
Last one from me- im off to work LOL-

Heavy here & another heavy line brewing across to the SE just North of Tonbridge-

This is the dodgy time for + dewpoints to start arriving-

those on the South Coast- the East Kent coast, Suffolk EAST & even into the east & south part of Kent COULD start to lose the snow-

14 hours & counting till we go below zero dewpoints again-

S

Oh, that's sad, Steve. Don't really know what the dewpoint means for snow, but I'm monitoring our local weather station. Currently -3.1, up from -3.3 in less than an hour. Need some really thick cloud cover to keep the temps down - the sun was out at 10 and it was lovely and warm.

Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Persistent driving snow, small flakes. 0.4c steady.

Posted
BBC weather report so far for the rest of the day seems to think the warm sector doesnt reach much of the south east except for the east tip of Kent...
:clap:

still heavy snow here in C London, it started snowing at around 8 last night in woolwich, and it seems it has not stopped since. i was awake all night and watched the snow just pile and pile up. quite amazing

Posted
Good Snowfall between Faversham - Canterbury - Whitstable Triangle.

Drive the route (single lane on A2 and all dual carriageways), minor roads very snowy, ARoads not great very slushy and snow laying good.

Different depths recorded from 1" to 3" depending on hills etc...

just to let you know that we have done very porly out of this snow spell, we had nothing measurable yesterday and allthough we have had snow today, it has only amounted to aprox .5cm and that is now thawing with sleety mixture in the air, glad to hear others are doing well and may it persist :clap:

Posted

Precip is just about heavy enough to keep it is Snow at the moment but much more Rain mixing in now, a heavy type of Sleet Blizzard if there is such a thing!

Got loads of piccies now, will upload after the event, Back Garden Untouched for the Big Snowmen after Lunch, Front has been snowed over from earlier Postmen and Binmen etc

Paul S

Posted

still very heavy in ipswich

Posted

This from luton airport 20 mins ago. 20 minutes ago, at 13:20 UTC, the wind was blowing at a speed of 5.7 meters per second (12.7 miles per hour) from North/Northeast in Luton Airport. The temperature was -2 degrees Celsius (28 degrees Fahrenheit), and the pressure was 995 hPa (29.38 inHg). The relative humidity was 100.0%. There were overcast at a height of 183 meter (600 feet). The visibility was 1.4 kilometers (0.9 miles). The visibility for runway 26 is 396 meters (1,300 feet). Current weather is Moderate Snow Moderate Mist .

Posted

Just got in from work, when I left home at 5.30 this morning it was'nt as bad as I expected. Started snowing about 9am and has'nt really stopped since. Not happy that we were made to go out and do a delivery, oh well I guess the post must get through! :clap: Is there alot more due? have'nt had chance to catch up yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Have spent over 4 hours in the stuff today, playing with the kids, we rushed to sports world and brought the last sledge as they opened their doors (they could have made so much more money, if they had been prepared) then found the lovely park near us with big hills and have played to our hearts content, red faces, sore legs and tons of calories burnt up. Been snowing constantly here now with no let up for the last 3 hours, here are some pics:

snow1-2-09021.jpg

snow1-2-09025.jpg

snow1-2-09026.jpg

snow1-2-09024.jpg

snow1-2-09023.jpg

snow1-2-09019.jpg

snow1-2-09017.jpg

Edited by BasVegas

Posted

Heavy snow here for the last couple of hours, but its now turning increasingly sleety. Got about 1cm on the ground in total from this whole event, so not memorable for this part of the world anyway! :)

Posted
Can I ask when this event is supposed to end PS?

Sometime later this evening, the warmer sector is very close to the South East now, like Steve Says we will have about 12 hours of Marginal Dewpoints before the Cold Pool move back in from the SW And the Dewpoints become favourable again, after that (Eg Tomorrow) it becomes a forecasting nightmare as showers could contain Snow, Sleet just luck of the draw, we could see a wraparound of the precip from the Low Pressure giving some more snow tomorrow, then the end of the week looks VERY Tasty on current Forecast Models

Paul S

Posted
Can I ask when this event is supposed to end PS?

Later tonight. There is another band of snow behind this current band of heavy snow :)

Guess what? Snowing even heavier now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

hi all just a quick question i live in deal gonna go for a drive to find the place with the best snow any ideas????

Posted
Later tonight. There is another band of snow behind this current band of heavy snow :)

Guess what? Snowing even heavier now :)

Not sure that the mild air will make it here - certainly no mention of it on the forecasts. and lots more snow again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Snowing fairly hard again here and from what i can gather this is not even the start of the main event.

Nick S, if you are still around can you confirm that the system waiting in the wings has just left Paris? Thats what i see.

What a great day! Sitting here with a cup of coffee and a cigarette, watching the snow fall and have just seen that Robbie Keane is coming home!!! C'mon you Spurs!

In the words of Andy Gray..."it doesn't get any better than that!" :)

Posted
If the marginal uppers are here now, and its snow in Ipswich. Snow not sleet, I guess this is a good sign?

Next hour or two are critical Davie, now turning to rain here on the coast so its a case of how far inland the milder conditions make.

Posted

Slightly tongue-in-cheek this, but... when did a period of snow or snow storm or snowy / wintry / rainy / story spell become an 'event'?! I know language changes, but I can't stand this phrase used for any slightly-above-average weather - yes, language changes, but this one really is silly!

John Humphries chastised one of the forecasters for using this newish (in this context, anyway) word 'event'! If something happening is an event then, well, perhaps event-ually everyone will be using this phrase for everything! On a slightly serious point, I wonder if many the questions relating to "Has the event finished', or "When will the snow event hit me?" would not be being asked if the phrase snowy period was used - it's not a one-off, it's a series of snowfalls (although luckily for those South and apparently West and North of me as well, it's almost non-stop! I blame the dumbing-down forecasters on the telly for this nonsense. Bring back the old charts with isobars and explanations, get rid of the baby-talk on the forecasts!

Light snow here in Norwich still with the thaw apparently accelerating - I can actually hear water gurgling down my drainpipes. Harrumph

Anyway, I must go as I have a driving event imminent to get to Tesco so I can have a shopping event. If I don't do this, the dining event I am having this evening will not happen! I hope it is an uneventful journey: don't want a car-crash event to put a stop to this eventful day I am having!

Posted

Pure sleet here in Cambridgeshire, horrible. I have doubts about any more snow - it seems a tad warmer. Still - I had 4 inches of snow this morning so i'm happy!

Edited by matty8