Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Steady heavy falling, and occasional drifting here atm. Wind is slowly picking up, so if it gets strong than we can expect some possible blizzards come the rush hour. :lol:

Posted
Does anyone think i will see anything other than v light snow here?

it seemed by the forcast i would be o.k.

its starting to get quite frustrating!

Hi there H.I.S

unfortunately according to steve murr and also listening to our local radio, it will be rain or sleet this afternoon :lol:

Posted

Looking at the NW radar Bexleyheath has hit the jackot again for the last half hour- although it will move through into lighter snow-

An area/ line of VERY heavy snow due south of me- looks to be down on A21 somewhere & another line of heavy snow in Central North london-

The snowflakes are so big here the sparrows are surfing down on them from the trees!!!!!!! :lol:

David vine is my front garden with a Microphone thinking we are in Austria-

S

Do you think that wll go west enough to hit me?

Edited by GarethK

Posted

Looking at the NW radar Bexleyheath has hit the jackot again for the last half hour- although it will move through into lighter snow-

An area/ line of VERY heavy snow due south of me- looks to be down on A21 somewhere & another line of heavy snow in Central North london-

The snowflakes are so big here the sparrows are surfing down on them from the trees!!!!!!! :lol:

David vine is my front garden with a Microphone thinking we are in Austria-

S

Yep that snow in Central/North & East London is seriously hitting us at the moment. Spot on.

Posted
:lol: Heavy Blizzard Condition now for the past hour, we have accumalations of nearly 5cm! The Grass has now disappeared

At last

Paul S

Pictures to follow

Paul I'm so glad you've finally got snow! :D I felt awful for you and your kids last night!

Hope you enjoy it! :o

Anita

Aaah our postman has just been (early today :lol: ) didn't think we would get post today. Was going to ask him to pose for a photo! Bless him his glasses were all steamed up. He's just jumped on his bike and making his merry way up the road. What a great guy!

Oh and it's started snowing quite nicely in Crawley although there was some slight melting going on the past hour or so....

Posted

Steve M is right. Pouring with snow in the Alpine region of Bexleyheath. Looking foward to some more later this afternoon!

Posted
Steve M is right. Pouring with snow in the Alpine region of Bexleyheath. Looking foward to some more later this afternoon!

i must be in the same snow zone as is tipping down here as well! think this must be the main band starting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Had heavy snow for a while now and looks like its just going to continue. Radar points some even heavier ppn now moving across.!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Still snowing hard at sea level on the coast. Air temp now 1.5 but big fluffy flakes. Bootiful!

Posted

The wind is getting up blowing the snow around on roofs. We are on the edge of the latest rader patch and snow is picking up. I am expecting a bit of a delugge within the next couple of hours

:lol:

Posted

Around 10 inches of snow in Central London where it has been allowed to accumulate.

On a par with Feb 1991 now - although snow lasted a week on that occasion

Posted
Looking at the NW radar Bexleyheath has hit the jackot again for the last half hour- although it will move through into lighter snow- An area/ line of VERY heavy snow due south of me- looks to be down on A21 somewhere & another line of heavy snow in Central North london- The snowflakes are so big here the sparrows are surfing down on them from the trees!!!!!!! :o David vine is my front garden with a Microphone thinking we are in Austria- S
:lol: :D

am getting concerned about getting home tonight. am hoping someone can get into work to take over from me once my 12 hours is up

Posted

Watched our itv local forecast (anglia) about an hour and a half ago and they said Essex could get another 20cms this afternoon!

Surely that can't be right?! So hope it is though! Praying for it not to turn to sleet!

Loving this weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
showers are sleet/small snow grains in Norwich, melting things a bit, will it get heavier, or can we expect this to persist?

Looking at the radar you currently have lighter ppn, heavier stuff on the way.

This is currently the cold front, other band following behind and catching up. Very promising indeed!