Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Heavy snow in Eastbourne now, laying on cars that were cleared barely an hour ago - possibly the best for 18 years! l030.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Sleet stuff has now turned back to heavy snow, and its settling in places, now this is better, hope it lasts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Still snowing and accumulating at sea level on the se coast here, but temperature is creeping up, which seems to point towards the onset of sleet within the next hour or so. Temp 1.3 C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

Me and my dog (pictured) out for a walk, she loved eating the snow!!! :rolleyes:

Also here is my snowman (got day off work so I used it wisely)

Introducing: Charlie Harry Adrian Vince Snowman <_<

post-9320-1233576156_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233576251_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233576264_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233576272_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233576331_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bad2thebone79

Posted

Still pasting it down here in Central/East London and definitly no sign of any milder stuff or sleet. I find that bizarre with the warmth of the City here!

If that low hits London tonight as snow it will be absolute chaos if it isnt already!

Posted

belting down now, no sign of let up

Posted
E Anglia and SE have gone green on met office website for tomorrow now
For tommorow yes, not today I hope!? That would be a brave prediction considering the current situation lol

Posted
Still pasting it down here in Central/East London and definitly no sign of any milder stuff or sleet. I find that bizarre with the warmth of the City here!

If that low hits London tonight as snow it will be absolute chaos if it isnt already!

what's the ETA of this event in south east london i wonder.

Posted
For tommorow yes, not today I hope!? That would be a brave prediction considering the current situation lol

Gone to yellow again looks like they cant make their mind up . . oh well will just have to wait and see what happens would like to see a bit more snow today . . . fingers crossed

Posted
Heavy snow in Eastbourne now, laying on cars that were cleared barely an hour ago - possibly the best for 18 years! l030.gif

I'll expect that to come my way soon then. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This was about two hrs ago

IMG_6917-SMALL.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

still snowing here, as it has been all morning. though not particularly heavy at the moment.

The big difference I've noticed is how much colder it's got within the house. Stiing here working and getting chillier by the minute despite the heating going full blast. I may have to get the fire going (stocked up on supplies yesterday!) and move to the front room..

Posted

Stop all moaning that the temp has risen some. It will rise naturally in the day but the cloud and the ground is cold enough to keep it snow. So you know it can still be snow at 5c ... so dont worry that you are 1 or 2. :rolleyes:

seriously it is very unlikely that Kent will see sleet at present, the snow is certainly moderate with another band hitting now of more moderate snow.

is it tiny snow or is it turning to sleet?

All youhave to do to check whether you have + dewpoints & the temp is above freezing is go to a concrete section of the garden- Patio or a bench something like that-

Clear all the snow away- make it totally clear- no more snow will accumulate on this if its sleet-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Heavy snow in Iwade, nr Sittingbourne. We may be at sea level here but you can add another 3 cms to the 5cms i had last night already.

My wife called and has been sent home from Boots in Maidstone after I suggested she may not get back over the Downs later. Detling is already down to 1 lane with blowing horizontal snow.

We were right on the boundary here for snow during the night. My parents had no more after about 11pm last night and they only live 5 miles to my east.

Steve M, what can we expect from this front? Not necessarily for my area but generally and do you think we will see rain or just snizzle before dying out?

James