Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Thank you Timmy

I am holding out hope, It is still falling as snow but cannot accumalate as it is still Light.

Wont give up yet despite what Maidstone says about Essex getting Sleet although he is probably gonna be right.

Cheers

Paul S

You should have come to work Paul - bucket loads of the stuff in town

Posted

please to report now heavy snow now in ipswich

post-4629-1233574556_thumb.jpg

post-4629-1233574607_thumb.jpg

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Yes the Snow is now actually the big flakes but no settling, Gone is the powder and we now have Wet Snow which means only 1 thing, the Milder sector is kicking in here quite quickly, dont know how much longer we can keep up before we cross the boundary but I am happy as we have a full on proper blizzard going now with fat flakes (This is what I wanted to see all along so happy)

In terms of where this ranks for me, well I think you all know

Would be way way down the list, not even on the radar for me, but then I can easily see how this is the best for a lot since 1991

Enjoy lucky people who have many Inches

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
heavy snow gravesend, quite large flakes at the moment too. :)

excellent news send it my way !!

Posted
Heavy snow in Ipswich now, long may this continue!

yes, well, you just tell it to keep moving north to us in Norwich. Very dull here but not much in the way of white stuff falling from the skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Yes the Snow is now actually the big flakes but no settling, Gone is the powder and we now have Wet Snow which means only 1 thing, the Milder sector is kicking in here quite quickly, dont know how much longer we can keep up before we cross the boundary but I am happy as we have a full on proper blizzard going now with fat flakes (This is what I wanted to see all along so happy)

The only thing is Paul, temps are gonna stay low even when it kicks in so I dont see it turning to sleet or rain too quickly, if at all. Temps arent progged to rise any higher than 1 or 2oC till past midnight if at all, and normally these are the temps we recieved snow at anyways...I really dont think the milder sector will have too much if any influence :)

Posted
First Report of the day ( yes I do sleep sometimes) Moderate snow in Bexleyheath- On our way towards 6 inches- S
measured 8 inches in the back garden this morning Steve. but woolwich is right on the river and pretty good elevation too. not sure about getting home tonight though, keep getting told its going to get worse this afternoon.

Posted

Any photos from Kent Coast (dover, Folkestone, Deal) and also Canterbury? of the present snow fall. Just need verify some facts as we have claims of fresh snow from 1cm to 4cm???

At Boughton I have just recorded 1cm new snow, at Whitstable, 1cm new snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

roads covered in folkestone

medium flakes here

you have me worried now about temps - gonna go to car and see what temp is and will let you know!

here is my snowman

post-2317-1233574615_thumb.jpg

Posted
1.1C now, small snow but falling heavily, given the ever-increasing temperature rise i can only presume it will turn to sleet soon :)

No just a rise in temperature does not mean sleet or rain at this stage. Certainly not the lower numbers. You will just see a rise in flake size. The colder it is the small the flake... in general! But flakes are a whole complicated spectrum not to be covered today. :)

Posted

Does anyone know if the snow will get heavier thats coming up from France? Its been snowing in Bexleyheath for a good hour, but the flakes are so fine, and its not particulary heavy either.

Posted

now going to blizzard with heavy snow

Posted

Major thaw underway here on Island now - also looks very unlikely now that we are going to see any more - all forecasts seem to be indicating that the French low is moving well over to the East......shame!

Posted
Does anyone know if the snow will get heavier thats coming up from France? Its been snowing in Bexleyheath for a good hour, but the flakes are so fine, and its not particulary heavy either.
Yes, most likely quite alot heavier!