Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

im getting throughly depressed now we have had snow but i was really looking forward to todays offerings but by the looks of what i have read and that the warning has gone from met i fear we will only get a dusting today or sleet!!!!! :lol: i do hope not

petalpoppy

Edited by petalpoppy

Posted
I'm supposed to be flying out of Heathrow at 6pm to Jo'burg - I'm not getting my hopes up :-/

I don;t think you'll have much luck TP with what looks like is on it's way : My friend just got back from New York - landed about an hour and a bit ago - should have landed at Heathrow but was diverted to Manchester with nowhere to go to get back down here! She's considering getting a flight from Manchester back to Norwich but that's at 5.15pm and I suspect Norwich may be experienceing problems by then!

No snow here in Norwich for the last 30 mins or so, indeed there has been a slight thaw with the little snow melting off the top of bins out for the bin men. And was brightening up a bit but has got very dark in the last 5 minutes. First bands of precipitation (will it be snow, will it be sleet?) probably starting in the next half hour or so...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Without doubt the best weather event I have ever experienced. I haven't seen snow like this ever ! Just measured the snow on the outdoor table and its 26cm !!! (Whats that in inches ?) I do have some pics but don't know how to upload them on here (if anyone can PM to explain how to I'd be really grateful as would love to share).

This morning I walked into Sutton along - should I say in the middle of the main Brighton Road and I've never experienced anything like it ! It was like a ghost town ! Cars abandoned here there and everywhere, hardly any cars on the road and those that were not getting very far. Can't believe I even saw a couple of people trying to ride a bike !

And to think its still snowing here and more is forecast...........

Bliss !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

ok so using snow from early pm event yesterday - we didnt get big event last night - i made me a snowman - swept the decking down etc. anyway within the half hour it took to make said snowman the decking has a centimeter covering it! lol pretty damn good...

would you like to see my snowman?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
I'm supposed to be flying out of Heathrow at 6pm to Jo'burg - I'm not getting my hopes up :-/

Heathrow both runways closed...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Extreme warning has gone because the TSS has gone! Hence the warnings of 20cm are now finished.

Kent has less of a seatrack between here and France so i would imagine Essex would be more likely to have sleet than Kent.

hi MW

what are your thoughts for today?

Posted

looking at the latest radar looks a stream now coming up with mod snow

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=satradar

looking at that one its building up over france for later

Posted
I really hope, after all you went through last night, you and the kids end up seeing a shedload of snow :lol:

Thank you Timmy

I am holding out hope, It is still falling as snow but cannot accumalate as it is still Light.

Wont give up yet despite what Maidstone says about Essex getting Sleet although he is probably gonna be right.

Cheers

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Snowing again here in Braintree. bring it on !

Posted

Even CNN is reporting this 'heaviest snow in 18 years'. It's absolutely fantastic! Yesterday I wouldn't even have expect anything like this, it is the deepest snow I've ever walked in, well past my ankles in most places! Over half a foot!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

The sleet is more above how close you are to the milder uppers, not sea track in this instance..so I really wouldn't give up :)

Posted

At last some moderate to heavy snow, surely it's sticking in Clacton by now as it is here, only a few miles as the crow flies

Posted
I don;t think you'll have much luck TP with what looks like is on it's way : My friend just got back from New York - landed about an hour and a bit ago - should have landed at Heathrow but was diverted to Manchester with nowhere to go to get back down here! She's considering getting a flight from Manchester back to Norwich but that's at 5.15pm and I suspect Norwich may be experienceing problems by then!

No snow here in Norwich for the last 30 mins or so, indeed there has been a slight thaw with the little snow melting off the top of bins out for the bin men. And was brightening up a bit but has got very dark in the last 5 minutes. First bands of precipitation (will it be snow, will it be sleet?) probably starting in the next half hour or so...

It's not looking great - frustrating as once we're in the air it would be fine but whether we'll ever get there is another matter. I'm supposed to be catching a connecting flight to Mozambique tomorrow morning so even if we just experience delays we could have big problems, as the next flight to Beira from Jo'burg isn't until Thursday to my knowledge.